Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Active Spoiler viewed from the Dash Cam

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I too would be curious how you installed your dual camera Blackvue in an X. Did you put the front unit low on the dash and get the cables behind the dash? I can't see how to mount it behind the rear view mirror and run the cables with the existing cable channel for the mirror and TACC/Autopilot camera.

Can you retract the spoiler manually for going through a car wash? (e.g. not parked and locked)

Wow, that's a great question. I think you should bring this up with Tesla. It would be good to have the spoiler retracted for car washes. Manual control over the spoiler could be useful in other areas as well. However, I'm sure it would be fine to go through a car wash in either setting (retracted or extended). The non-performance models won't have that option as it's fixed in the extended orientation.

Wait a minute: for the specific situation of a car wash, wouldn't you very much want the spoiler to be raised?

I'm sure I would. Just as I make sure the Model S door handles are extracted. And how I expose my armpits when in the shower.

Speaking of the car wash...off the subject...put my MX thru the car wash and forgot to turn off the wipers which were on automatic. The wipers came on as soon as water hit the windshield and died on the spot. Was I upset? Tried everything I could think...it was like no power. Finally yesterday a clear day, I drove to the service center and begged them to fix it. A few minutes later the service manager brought me the fob and said it was a fuse.
What a relief!!

Wow, that's a great question. I think you should bring this up with Tesla. It would be good to have the spoiler retracted for car washes. Manual control over the spoiler could be useful in other areas as well. However, I'm sure it would be fine to go through a car wash in either setting (retracted or extended). The non-performance models won't have that option as it's fixed in the extended orientation.

Agreed. Another situation where you want to retract the spoiler is in a garage with low open garage door. Fixed spoiler maybe problematic especially that the X spoiler design is one of the thinnest and most streamlined ones out there.