Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Actor Paul Walker Dead - Fiery Porsche Crash

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll confess that I when I first saw this thread I had to google Walker as I didn't know who he was; what I find kind of sad today is how the media all report about Paul Walker and folks everywhere seem to be posting RIP Paul and that's ok but I'd like to add at least one RIP and thought for the other guy who died, apparently Roger Rodas who also leaves behind a wife and two kids (some reports claim his 8-year-old son saw the crash).

Ya but some sorrow is lost as he was the driver in control.... unless the car lost control and he couldn't do anything... but still he had to have been going fast.

I'll confess that I when I first saw this thread I had to google Walker as I didn't know who he was; what I find kind of sad today is how the media all report about Paul Walker and folks everywhere seem to be posting RIP Paul and that's ok but I'd like to add at least one RIP and thought for the other guy who died, apparently Roger Rodas who also leaves behind a wife and two kids (some reports claim his 8-year-old son saw the crash).

Ya but some sorrow is lost as he was the driver in control.... unless the car lost control and he couldn't do anything... but still he had to have been going fast.

I suspect we've all made bad decisions in our lives and those of us here have been fortunate enough to have not encountered the conditions that led to the loss of these two lives. We will never know exactly what happened & I have no need to pass judgment on who was at fault. There but for the Grace of God ...

I hope all family members find peace.

This is certainly within the topic. A Porsche crashes & burst into flame, 2 people died, while the Model S burst into flame (in both occasions) both drivers were unharmed.

Actually I think saying that those two Tesla road debris collisions caused the cars to "burst" into flames is grossly inaccurate. What seems to have happened is that one or more battery pack modules slowly overheated, the car warned the driver who pulled over and exited the vehicle, then the module(s) started to smolder and THEN the forward section of the car started to burn.

That is not "bursting into flames".

Very sad. My condolences to the family. The recent Fast & Furious movie did exceptionally well and garnered much enthusiasm within the movie company. Paul contributed a lot of his personal time to help charities in Haiti and more recently in the Philippines.

I just read about it today and very shocked. I am equally shocked at the comments on the other sites and how people are actually making fun of this incident. Some people are sick. I wish the family strength to endure such a tragedy. God speed

Some more news. It seems the car suffered failure of power steering and in fact they were out testing the car during a repair so it looks like not a driver failure, but a mechanical car failure. I guess losing power steering in that car is pretty much a done deal you end up crashing. Not sure it's just the power steering that went as well.

Mechanical failure behind Paul Walker crash: report | New York Post

That will never work without democracy.

I’ve never seen any such case.

What will not work without democracy?

Maybe you have not seen it because you refuse to look.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, a person who understood what I meant but decided to take it out of context. The poster I quoted was talking about having the freedom to choose whatever car they wanted to drive, even if that meant they didn't have the skills to drive it, nor the decent courtesy to obey the laws and think of their fellow man....as in SPECIFICALLY our speeding Porsche that killed driver and passenger (and luckily not some Soccer Mom with a van full of kids). While the driver appears to have had the skill level for such a vehicle, he clearly lacked the latter point in that moment. So, you'd like to argue that that person (had he lived) still retain full freedoms...like the freedom to drive again in a powerful sports car on the same highway as you and your family?

All persons retain their freedoms until they violate the law which gives the government the right to abrogate those freedoms.

Government should not assume you will exercise your rights dangerously or irresponsibly.

@RobStark:

Did you see that the two quotes from your post #62 in my post #64 (that are missing from your post #96) were different?

What will not work without democracy?
Whatever it is that you are referring to as “communist” in your post #62.

Maybe you have not seen it because you refuse to look.
I seriously doubt that. But why not show me a "compelling case" by a fascist then. Provide a link or some other reference, and I’ll take a look.

Random, but it looks like the speed limit on that section was recently changed from 35MPH to 45MPH.
StreetView of the light post they hit had a 35 limit sign, but the more recent pictures of the downed pole show 45 now.

speed-sign.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

http://ktla.com/2013/12/03/porsche-...model-of-car-paul-walker-was-in-when-he-died/

Porsche memo: “Carrera GT is as close to a racecar as we will ever get. This car has all the disadvantages of a racecar.”

@RobStark:

Did you see that the two quotes from your post #62 in my post #64 (that are missing from your post #96) were different?

Whatever it is that you are referring to as “communist” in your post #62.

I seriously doubt that. But why not show me a "compelling case" by a fascist then. Provide a link or some other reference, and I’ll take a look.

You seem to be splitting the Communist and Fascist. Same thing. The total state just different rhetoric.

The case for the total state controlling our choices is everywhere.

Elites deciding logically what is the best choice and imposing it on every one by force of the state always seems prudent on the surface.