Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Actual Battery Capacity and a related puzzler (with answer guess)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
QUOTE=Denarius;798438]I drove about 3.8 miles (mostly uphill) past 0 on 6.0. I continued driving based off the power limiter. Islandbay noted he was limited at 30kW when the car shut down, so I figured I was safe until my limiter dropped further. This was from a full range charge, but the car sat through the day while I worked so it was not driven in a single session.

[/QUOTE]

My car just a has a few more miles than yours--did you notice how many rated miles you began with. The vampire losses that occur while sitting parked don't get recorded in the Total Energy Since Last Charge graphic, so your Wh/m figure can be artificially reduced as the rated miles vaporize. I do see that you extracted just over 72 kWh from full to past empty, which jibes well with all my calculations. Thanks for bringing more data to this discussion!

My car just a has a few more miles than yours--did you notice how many rated miles you began with. The vampire losses that occur while sitting parked don't get recorded in the Total Energy Since Last Charge graphic, so your Wh/m figure can be artificially reduced as the rated miles vaporize. I do see that you extracted just over 72 kWh from full to past empty, which jibes well with all my calculations. Thanks for bringing more data to this discussion!

I believe I showed 254 rated when I left. I forget the exact verbiage, but my car is also set to sleep, but mobile access always on.