Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Actual Color Poll - New

Which color Model S are you most likely to order?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How to pronounce it? Any differences between your name, the city, the color? If this getting too personal, you may omit pronunciation of your name :wink:

Doug_G has the pronunciation. Another way would be to spell it Myour. "Your" with an M tacked on at the beginning. It's a Scottish name that basically translates to "the riff-raff that live down by the river". :biggrin: Muir is just a different spelling of the Scottish "moor". There was an excellent 1947 movie called "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir" with Gene Tierney and Rex Harrison that was translated into a late 60's TV series with Hope Lang and Charles Nelson Reilly.

Of course like all the other California referenced color names, Muir Red is named after the famous naturalist John Muir (no relation). You can see a lot more about him in Ken Burns' PBS series "The National Parks: America's Best Idea".

Last edited:
Going black here. I wanted to see an exotic color like orange offered. But I wasn't sure it would look right and black would have been the "failsafe" for me anyway. Take away the exotic color option and I default to black.

I voted anza brown. I don't normally like brown cars, but the anza brown really struck me as nice. I'm over the obnoxiously over use of red in every car....!

I have a car the is the color Berullium 16.

Why is the red called "Muir"? Since Muir woods is a forest then a brown or green make more sense.

And before you say it's full of redwoods that red does not look like any kind of outdoor deck I have ever seen :)

I voted sequoia green with tan trim and body colour roof although I might change my mind once I have seen the brown colour in person. Definitely no sunroof in sunny Sydney it's generally too hot or too cold for the roof to be open and I worry any blind won't be strong enough in mid summer.

I voted "Shasta Pearl White" because I think it shows the light effects so well (see external lighting thread). Though, if I could afford a Sig, I'd definitely get the Sig Red. I'll have to see the non-Sig red in person to decide if it will do.

I voted for Catalina White. The early prototype pictures of the Model S in white, didn't work for me. I thought it looked boring. But all the pics from the weekend event of the white beta make it look amazing. I currently have 2 white cars, so I may grow tired of white by then... My backups are black (but I don't want to care for a black car), anza brown or tiburon grey.

I voted for Catalina White. The early prototype pictures of the Model S in white, didn't work for me. I thought it looked boring. But all the pics from the weekend event of the white beta make it look amazing. I currently have 2 white cars, so I may grow tired of white by then... My backups are black (but I don't want to care for a black car), anza brown or tiburon grey.

Though the difference isn't huge, the beta at the event was Shasta pearl

Google "Catalina White" before you make up your mind. It might sway your decision one way or another.

Meh, even with it being the name of a model/singer/ex-wrestler practically everyone (as Eric vfx said) will see the car as "White". When I first saw the name "Catalina White" I thought of the island that is just off the coast of California. :tongue:

I fired Tesla Motors an e-mail and received a reply from Stephen Smith. He said the white beta vehicle was painted in Catalina White. I'm relieved to hear that. My wife and I loved that white color on the beta and would rather not pay the premium for Shasta Pearl. :)

that's really bizarre. Multiple people there on saturday said it was the Shasta Pearl, and if you look at the tesla facebook site, they've put pictures of it up, and have shasta pearl on the caption. Someone's got bad info. (was sorta hoping it was the catalina myself, as i also liked how it looked)

that's really bizarre. Multiple people there on saturday said it was the Shasta Pearl, and if you look at the tesla facebook site, they've put pictures of it up, and have shasta pearl on the caption. Someone's got bad info. (was sorta hoping it was the catalina myself, as i also liked how it looked)

Agreed, I asked multiple people (including the paint guy) there and they confirmed it as Shasta. Tell Stephen to get back to me on my sig upgrade and stop mucking up paint names :tongue: