TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Actual reservation cost for Model 3 in UK

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by mhuk01, May 8, 2016.

1. mhuk01

mhuk01 Member

Hello

What did people pay for the reservation of their model 3 in the UK? My card actually took out 718 pounds, which I guess converts to the 1000USD charge. It also charged me a conversion fee. Just wondering what other people's experiences were.

• Informative x 1
  2. TS14PCC

TS14PCC Member

Mine was £1000, did mine on the 31st at Solihull. Did you enter it on the UK or US page on the Tesla web page?

3. ichorus

ichorus Member

I know this will be the case if you paid with American Express.
    But if you were charged a conversion fee then I don't know why or how.
    Probably depends on your bank.

4. Ppytal

Ppytal Member

We paid via the UK Tesla motors page on 1st April, £1000 straight UK transaction with no conversion fee.

It sounds like you may have reserved a car via the U.S. site? Maybe drop them an email to check that your car will be UK spec. otherwise, maybe you have found a cheaper way to reserve!

5. dannybres

dannybres Member

I got charged £1000 in store on 31/03

6. mhuk01

mhuk01 Member

Just received a call from Tesla - the reason for this is that I paid the deposit on an American Express card, so it defaulted to USD. He said it's fine and I have reserved the right car :)

7. tfboy

tfboy Gimme the Caaaaaar!

Interesting, I have an Amex card issued through Barclaycard which I used to put a M3 reservation. I've been charged £1k for it, not USD.

8. FinnDriver

FinnDriver Member