Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Actual rubber floor mats for the Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone make ACTUAL rubber mats for the Model S? I am thinking of the thick black rubber flexible ones that I've had in prior vehicles. I don't want the plasticky WeatherTech crap that is advertised as rubber that looks like it was recycled out of a 30 year old car after one week of use, and that's what Amazon is filled with. So..has anyone come across this being sold anywhere? Thanks in advance!

I, too, was a bit tired of the WeatherTech floor liners that are more of a hard plastic feel to them which kind of feels cheap. I had these in my Tacoma for like 8 years which worked there given the utilitarian nature of the vehicle. I also had them in luxury sedans and sports cars but never really liked the way they looked but they worked great for the purpose intended much like the Cybertruck. *pause for laugh*

I have had WeatherTech liners in past Model S's that we've owned but never really felt they "went" so to speak. After some trial and error I've settled on the MAXpider 3D Kagu floor mats. Stupid name. Seriously, if anyone reading this has any ties tell them to change their name as it's got to be one of the stupidest marketing decisions ever. Overall I'm the happiest with this material as it's more of a "rubbery" texture and feels a little less cheap.

That said, they don't fit the best and clearly could use some attention in the fitment department. I'm constantly wrestling with the driver's side mat specifically in all of our Model S's. It will slide up/forward upon getting out and the back edge will pull away from the seat reinforcement in the floor which looks odd and constantly wrestling with it sucks. I feel like the liners tend to stay more planted but I guess we can't have a perfect solution. I saw some others that looked like some sort of quilted leather or something and I know a few around here love them but I just can't stand the way they look. Quilted appearing material has no place on a car floor IMO. I digress.

If you want actual rubber (not sure that it's actual rubber as that material may not be the best for this application... dunno) I think that those horribly named MAXpider 3D Kagu maybe be your best bet even if the fitment is just slightly off.

Does anyone make ACTUAL rubber mats for the Model S? I am thinking of the thick black rubber flexible ones that I've had in prior vehicles. I don't want the plasticky WeatherTech crap that is advertised as rubber that looks like it was recycled out of a 30 year old car after one week of use, and that's what Amazon is filled with. So..has anyone come across this being sold anywhere? Thanks in advance!
This is my exact same desire as well. Did you (or anyone) find a good--actual rubber, mat?