Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Actual standard Model X acceleration?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Car and Driver tested the refreshed X and claims the actual 0-60 is 3.3 sec, not the 3.8 sec advertised.

I can't find any other acceleration tests on the standard version, only plaid. Anyone have actual data to confirm? Thanks!

Car and Driver tested the refreshed X and claims the actual 0-60 is 3.3 sec, not the 3.8 sec advertised.

I can't find any other acceleration tests on the standard version, only plaid. Anyone have actual data to confirm? Thanks!
Well, take it with a grain of salt. The same table with the 3.3, claims 5 to 60 mph is 3.5, longer than 0 to 60. I'd go with the 3.8 (not that it makes any real difference). The car is more powerful (670 hp) than earlier years and weighs less.

Well, take it with a grain of salt. The same table with the 3.3, claims 5 to 60 mph is 3.5, longer than 0 to 60. I'd go with the 3.8 (not that it makes any real difference). The car is more powerful (670 hp) than earlier years and weighs less.
Yes, the link to the 3.3sec takes you to the old Ludicrous test result. Even so, it seems the new standard X has more horsepower than the old Ludicrous models, yet slower 0-60. I wonder if it's a SW limit?

it seems like the base model refreshed model s and x are quite a bit faster than the per refreshed performance models. Before the modes s/x refresh all teslas even the fast performance ones the acceleration would slow down a lot after 100mph. The new refreshed model s and x seem to have way way more top end acceleration power even the base non plaid models. If you look the base refreshed non plaid model s is already trapping almost 130mph in the 1/4 miles which is a lot fasted compared to the pre refreshed models. But the over 1/4 miles is slower because the 0-60 and launch is slower compared to the previous pre refreshed performance model s. This leads me to believe that Tesla is software limiting the launch and the 0-60mph time of the base refreshed model s/x. Keep in mind that the pre refreshed model s 2020 did consistent low to mid 10's in the 1/4 miles at a much low trap speed of about 122mph.

since a refreshed non plaid model s is traping 129-130mph in the 1/4 miles a refreshed non plaid model x should be is the 122-125mph in the 1/4 miles, which should be good for very low 11's in the 1/4 mile. Maybe even 10's if Tesla wont software limit the launch and 0-60 times of the non plaid model x.

Last edited:
Tesla is clearly nerfing the launch performance on the non-Plaids. My S never ever will hit the factory claimed time of 3.1 seconds to 60. It as at best, 2 tenths slower. So not even making the claimed times and you can feel how it really starts to pull at about 20 mph.

If they had totally unlocked it, I am pretty sure it would be in the mid to upper 2's and smoke the previous performance models all the way from 0-60 AND the 1/4 mile. I'll never buy FSD or EAP but that could get an instant 2-3k from me if they would remove the nerfing from the refreshed non-Plaid cars.

They also change this over time. Our 2019 X was a quick car when we bought it. We have a "from stand still to this point" test where I live. When we got the car, it could do 199-202kmt on this spot. Now we're down to 167 170kmt.
They ramp up the power very slow now. I don't think the car is capable of the top speed anymore. I haven't tried on a extremely long highway. But it's not capable on the same "route" as before. They probably loweres the power curve to save the halfshafts

DirtyTesla got 0-60 in 3.89s (3.66s w/ 1 ft rollout) in launch mode with AC off.
He got 0-60 in 4.19s (3.96s 1ft-roll) in regular mode with AC on.
So on a prepped track, hot battery and tires, best run of many, with rollout (which is Car and Driver's way of doing it, I believe) it is definitely feasible.
Interesting. Launch mode had no impact on my MS LR. Basically, nothing did. It pretty much ran the same whether my AC was on or of, cheetah stand or not, drag strip mode or not, etc. I find it very hard to believe that launch mode picked up 3/10ths on the X.

I have a 2023 MXLR and just did the 0-60 run using dragy. Will have to take it to the track for a proper 1/4 mile run. No good and safe road stratches near me.
  • Drag Mode
  • Cheetah stance
0-60 3.71s
0-60(1ft) 3.48s

Attachments

• IMG_0160.jpg
    IMG_0160.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 143
Decent run. Those soft launches the MS LR and MX LR are just killing the 0-60 times.

Try it without drag strip mode and cheetah. It made no difference on my MS LR. A lot of hassle for nothing.