Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Actual supercharging cost?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My free supercharging is coming to an end and I can’t find a definite answer online for the actual cost in my area. I’m in Ontario. The onscreen card only shows the cost of idling. Can anyone help or point me to a solid source? Thanks.

5126597C-A794-4281-9DAF-E9CA0F381D22.jpeg
From Tesla’s website:

How much is Supercharging?
Specific pricing for each Supercharger location is shown on the popup of the selected pin on the navigation application on the vehicle touchscreen. When you Supercharge, the session total is shown on your Tesla touchscreen.

Press the Supercharger icon on the bottom right corner of the map and zoom out to see the chargers. Click on a chargers and you’ll get info like above.

Yep I get that on my screen. The .20-.40 line is not there. Thanks though. I’m guessing it’s standard across the province.
Interesting. I just tried 20 or so in ON and they all reported the pricing. Off the top of my head I remember trying Thunder Bay, North Bay, Kingston, one in Mississauga (I expect there's more than one), and a whole bunch more. Mine is a 2018 LR M3 RWD, not sure if that matters.

EDIT (for after thought): maybe you don't get pricing because it doesn't matter when you've got free Supercharging. Once that's over, then the pricing appears. Wild guess on my part, but does make sense.

maybe you don't get pricing because it doesn't matter when you've got free Supercharging. Once that's over, then the pricing appears.
I'm still on free referral supercharging. I've never paid for supercharging.

I just went out to my M3 LR (parked in Scarborough) and checked a number of superchargers in Ontario. All of them show the charge rates. They all showed "CA$0.22 or CA$0.44/min".

I had done the same thing back in July of this year and saw the prices showing then, as well (on an earlier software version).

Last edited:
Consensus seem to be that it drops below 60 at about 60%?
Just went from 12-60% and that’s when it dropped below. Took 17 mins and added 23kwhs. Not sure how anyone would hit the .26 per kWh Tesla estimates.

Can anyone see the prices for Mississauga and Orangeville?

Last edited:
Consensus seem to be that it drops below 60 at about 60%?
That has not been my experience. For my experience so far, it seems to have varied more with how long I'm there, more than what the SOC is. In reality, it's probably both time and SOC. I wonder about whether the overall load on the SC location is a factor? If all the SC in that location are full, will the kWh decrease to each car?

Reactions: Darthbenji
That has not been my experience. For my experience so far, it seems to have varied more with how long I'm there, more than what the SOC is. In reality, it's probably both time and SOC. I wonder about whether the overall load on the SC location is a factor? If all the SC in that location are full, will the kWh decrease to each car?
You’re right. Now that my free charging is coming to an end I’m paying closer attention. Plugged in today at 16% and maxed at 100 for maybe 30s and dropped to below 60 at 45% which took 7 mins or so. No idea why they don’t allow the max the battery can handle as the other day it was over 60 for far longer. Took 28 mins to get to 70% today. Only one there and warm battery.

Plugged in today at 16% and maxed at 100 for maybe 30s and dropped to below 60 at 45% which took 7 mins or so.
It is so very variable - it would be great if there were a way to track and consider all the different variables. Usually I am at above 100 kWh for the vast majority of of my charging to 70% or 80% SOC, but other drivers have said they drop way down in "speed" a lot earlier.

I've only had my MY for about 5 months, but my plan is to average my cost per kWh at SC after about 6 months......I want to compare it to the price of using a public L2 EVSE. I don't have home charging that is part of my electric bill, but I have an L2 EVSE in the parking garage of my condo, where I'm paying about $0.25/kWh. I want to know how that compares to SC charging use in real life.

Reactions: Darthbenji
This sucks. Plugged in at 20%. Wanted 80%. Maxed out at 93kw and dropped to 59kw by 33%. So now I get to sit here for 35 minutes waiting to get up to 80% because for some reason even though my battery can charge quicker than this I have to sit here at less than super charging speed. I get tapering when it fills up but at 33%???!!!!