Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Actual vs rated production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to share my actual numbers. I turned my small 14 panel system on last week. I'm in NorCal and have unfettered sun access with a south facing roof. All panels are south side. My system is rated at 4.86 kW and my app says I am getting up to 5.9 kW when sun is at its peak. And to think it's already October. And it's not just a few minutes either.

All in all, pretty stoked with production, although the install screwed up the config for my Powerwall. It wont charge at all and Tesla says they are trying to get it fixed remotely.

Just wanted to share my actual numbers. I turned my small 14 panel system on last week. I'm in NorCal and have unfettered sun access with a south facing roof. All panels are south side. My system is rated at 4.86 kW and my app says I am getting up to 5.9 kW when sun is at its peak. And to think it's already October. And it's not just a few minutes either.

All in all, pretty stoked with production, although the install screwed up the config for my Powerwall. It wont charge at all and Tesla says they are trying to get it fixed remotely.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but what you are seeing in the app is very likely a mistake due to a misconfiguration of current monitor sensors that were installed. Solar panel specifications are the primary spec for solar panels and the rating is the maximum that the panel will output under ideal conditions. There is no way that 4.86kW rated system is producing 5.9kW.

The installers did something wrong with my PV+PW install last week and I'm see a lot of weird results when my unbacked up AC unit kicks in and it starts reporting that solar is sending electricity to the grid when both the inverter and the Powerwalls are turned off. Tesla is supposed to be out this Friday to correct the problem.

Reactions: jjrandorin