Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adapter for non-Tesla EVs?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a TeslaTap that can be used with your Tesla home charger and your other brand EV like a Nissan Leaf or Chevy Volt with the J1772 connector. As far as charging on a Supercharger, that won’t work besides there needs to be some type of communication with your EV and a Tesla account.

17820461-A95F-4F00-B5F8-99502A923734.jpeg

The earlier responses are correct; however, note also that Elon Musk has said that he's open to partnering with other manufacturers to give them access to Tesla's Supercharger network. Maybe this is just an empty PR gesture (say, with so many strings attached that no sane company would accept), but if it's sincere and fair, there's a remote chance that an adapter might be made available in the future, that Tesla might add CCS plugs to its Superchargers, or some future EV might use Tesla's plug format and work with Superchargers. Note that I said a remote chance. I don't expect any of these things to happen, but I wouldn't be shocked if they did. Many (maybe most or all) European Superchargers already have dual Tesla and CCS plugs on them, although AFAIK they don't work with non-Tesla vehicles.