TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Adapters. 2 or 3?!

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by SabrToothSqrl, Feb 7, 2015.

1. SabrToothSqrl

SabrToothSqrl Active Member

#1 SabrToothSqrl, Feb 7, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
    So, I got tired of waiting. I'm picking up a 2014 S85 the 14th. Used, but new to me.

Anyway, the web site says, 2 places that I'll get 3 connectors. Nema 5-15 (home plug) nema 14-50 (stove plug) and the j1772.

Then, one place, on the tesla site says I only get two connector adapters and the j1772 is $100.

The he sales photos show 2 connectors.

I I don't think I'll need the j. But Im thinking.... Shouldn't tesla know how many plugs you get?!

2. NOLA_Mike

NOLA_Mike Active Member

When you buy the car new you get all three of those. You should get all three - 5-15, 14-50 & J1772

3. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

I don't know where you saw the mention of two adapters, but that may have been referring to the UMC. The J1772 adapter doesn't use the UMC so people think of it differently.

4. SabrToothSqrl

SabrToothSqrl Active Member

I take it back. The photo shows all 3. One was on the connector, so I didn't see it.

Thanks!

5. tiblot

tiblot Member

You get 2 adapters for NEMA plugs and 1 adapter for J1772 charging stations, so 3 total.

The NEMA adapters go on the end of the UMC that go into a wall, while the J1772 adapter doesn't go onto a UMC, it goes onto a charging station.