Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adaptive Ride Control Disabled

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received this message a few weeks ago while driving from Charleston SC to Atlanta. The car seems to be driving fine but as a precaution I set up a service appointment. I received a message today that the cost to repair the car would be over $1200. It's a 2020 Model S with ~12000 miles on it; I've had this car 20 months and would think this would be covered under the warranty. Has anyone else experienced this?

Reactions: brewcoffee2019
Same error on mine (December 2021 build 2022 plaid). Tesla has moved my appt out twice now for the repair due to parts on back order. I've asked what specifically they ordered as the invoice I was sent ahead of time doesn't have any details. No info yet but I will share as I get more info. It's been this way for about 2 weeks now and the next appt is now 10/9. I can see that they did add a front radar part to be replaced due to water intrusion but I don't believe that is related to the adaptive ride control error.

Reactions: tiburci
Upvote 0
When I received my car brand new from Tesla a couple of months ago, I drove it out of the parking lot and immediately got this message. (Adaptive ride control disabled). I had to wait 1 month for Tesla to resolve this issue. Everything has been good until today after I opened my frunk.

Upvote 0
Finally got mine in for service. "Replaced chewed up right side chassis harness" was listed as the repair reason. The service rep said they usually charge for this repair when they see this reason as it usually indicates something damaged the wiring, like rodents, but in my case they did not recommend charging. The service person assumed it was something factory related and left it at that.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Upvote 0
Check your suspension connectors! This connector was not even connected! I believe the technicians who assemble these cars missed connecting these clips!!! Once I plugged it in, the connector snaps very tight and can not get loose.

Attachments

• E2B7A85D-05E1-47B0-8918-253B4EB5BAA5.jpeg
    E2B7A85D-05E1-47B0-8918-253B4EB5BAA5.jpeg
    305.4 KB · Views: 238
Upvote 0
Check your suspension connectors! This connector was not even connected! I believe the technicians who assemble these cars missed connecting these clips!!! Once I plugged it in, the connector snaps very tight and can not get loose.
Another indication of shoddy workmanship. I had my tubing for windshield washer not connected. Instead of squirting into the windshield, it just sprayed the ground.

Reactions: TLLMRRJ
Upvote 0
I had this error appear a few days after delivery. On the first trip to the service center, they replaced a wiring harness on the front right strut. The error came back later the same day I picked up the car. On the second visit, they said the connector came loose and reconnected it. A few days later, the error came back again and it was the connector again. That’s three visits to service to get it right, twice because the connector wasn’t secure enough. They must not have good quality control at the factory and the service center, or the design of the harness and connectors isn’t reliable.

• Informative
Upvote 0
Do you think this is something i can check and possibly do on my own? If so, how do i access this area? I have an 2020 S Long Range Plus.

Upvote 0
I had this message within my first 50 miles. When I did get a service appointment, Tesla indicated that "the RF compression damper was unplugged and the bracket was loose." Then, they arrogantly added that "it could have happened from speed bump or pot hole." Now, 2 weeks later, I have the same message. I also had my arm rest completely disconnect in the rear seat. They fixed that through a mobile visit. More likely to be build issues than hitting pot holes. Just wish they would own their problems!

Upvote 0
I received this message a few weeks ago while driving from Charleston SC to Atlanta. The car seems to be driving fine but as a precaution I set up a service appointment. I received a message today that the cost to repair the car would be over $1200. It's a 2020 Model S with ~12000 miles on it; I've had this car 20 months and would think this would be covered under the warranty. Has anyone else experienced this?
Just now. Our car has 22,000 miles and also is a 2020 S class. What did you end up doing?

Upvote 0
I have a 2022 MXP. Picked it up in August. Several air suspension warnings, including “Bring In For Service” started almost immediately after delivery. In for 4 days in Oct '22 And they said it was fixed. Problem came back a couple times since. Car is currently not drivable. Bringing it back for service in a few days. Someone please tell me how they can accept such horrible build quality on $150k car? After this is remedied I will be cutting my losses and going back to ICE until Tesla fixes their quality and horrible service.

• Informative
Upvote 0