Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adaptive Suspension and "Sporty" Drivers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

lolachampcar

Nov 26, 2012
WPB Florida
So I've gotten the call asking if I want a Plaid in place of (or in addition to) my Plaid+ reservation.

I talked with Tesla before placing my P85D order to ensure I'd be happy with the suspension damping. My tastes run more to the BMW M series of firmness and I was assured by those doing the damping development that I would not be disappointed. They were correct and I've been happy as a clam with my car so much so that (1) I looked all over the world to get a replacement rear damper when I had an accident and (2) I've got 100k miles on the car awaiting a replacement.

Back to the call; the Tesla sales rep sends me a text about the Raven adaptive suspension in response to my questions about ride. Anyone out there have an opinion about the quality of damping as it relates to handling on the adaptive suspension? Anyone moved from an early PD to the adaptive suspension? Do you have an interest in a very firm ride and where you successful in the move to the new suspension?

Thanks Much,
Bill

Reactions: The Duke