Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adaptive Suspension v. 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I loved the handling on the 3 performance model, but hated the seats. I loved the seats in the S, but thought the handling was decent, but not quite as tight as I would prefer. Does anyone know how the new adaptive suspension in sport mode on the S compares to the 3 performance model?

I loved the handling on the 3 performance model, but hated the seats. I loved the seats in the S, but thought the handling was decent, but not quite as tight as I would prefer. Does anyone know how the new adaptive suspension in sport mode on the S compares to the 3 performance model?

I just went from a performance 3 to a Model S with the new adaptive suspension. The P3 suspension was super stiff and at times annoyingly rough. The S “sport” mode suspension is tight but still absorbs bumps nicely and I would consider it reasonably comfortable. “Standard” mode on the S is like “comfort” in most luxury vehicles today.
I felt at times the P3 was almost nauseatingly stiff. I’ve never felt uncomfortable in the S after about a month.