Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adaptive Suspension v. 3

diver110

Aug 4, 2019
Baltimore
I loved the handling on the 3 performance model, but hated the seats. I loved the seats in the S, but thought the handling was decent, but not quite as tight as I would prefer. Does anyone know how the new adaptive suspension in sport mode on the S compares to the 3 performance model?

Lhshockey24

Nov 25, 2017
Livermore, CA + Lake Tahoe
I loved the handling on the 3 performance model, but hated the seats. I loved the seats in the S, but thought the handling was decent, but not quite as tight as I would prefer. Does anyone know how the new adaptive suspension in sport mode on the S compares to the 3 performance model?

I just went from a performance 3 to a Model S with the new adaptive suspension. The P3 suspension was super stiff and at times annoyingly rough. The S “sport” mode suspension is tight but still absorbs bumps nicely and I would consider it reasonably comfortable. “Standard” mode on the S is like “comfort” in most luxury vehicles today.
I felt at times the P3 was almost nauseatingly stiff. I’ve never felt uncomfortable in the S after about a month.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC