TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Add Accessory Hitch?

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by travwill, Dec 30, 2016.

1. travwill

travwill Active Member

Couldn't really locate this exact answer, but...

I'm assuming we all have the removable panel under our X. I have a 90D, probably built around May+ timeframe (have to check), VIN 8000ish.

I was wandering if it is at all possible to add the accessory hitch here now. I know can't add towing as shouldn't be reinforced, etc. But, if I look under the panel - anything I should look for to indicate I can at least handle the hitch? Or is it just empty under there for those of us that don't show it in MVPA for car?

-T

2. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Active Member

It should be empty under there. Tesla has had a position open for a manager for a "retro-fit" department to handle things like adding the hitch after the fact, but at this point I don't think it is an official option.

• Informative x 1
  3. flar

flar Member

When I was talking with my salesman at the showroom over the past couple of weeks he mentioned that their service department just got informed about a retrofit option for the towing hitch, so you might want to inquire again.

• Like x 1
  4. tinkoo604

tinkoo604 Member

Did you end up checking with service center to see if a hitch can be added. I placed a deposit on a inventory MX that doesn't have the accessory hitch or the towing package. If a retrofit work then I might just go with the MX.

5. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

This is excellent news!

And just to be clear, there never has been an Accessory Hitch other than the one shown at the reveal event. All AH orders have received the very same Bosal removable receiver that the folks who ordered the Tow Package received.