Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Add credit card button

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unlimited free supercharging ends for cars ordered after the end of this year. It makes sense to add the credit card option, so that people can purchase supercharging miles while on a roadtrip. I doubt it has anything to do with charging people for idling (they already stated it would be collected during a service visit), and everything to do with the new supercharging fees.

I bet you will have your SC access turned off unless you add your credit card information.
My Tesla wants CC.PNG

Anyone notice the new " add credit card" button to your mytesla page? Lol...

i'm no fool but i'm guessing this is going to be linked to the supercharger parking fee so they can collect their money right away...
Yea, but even better, they can now include "1-click" buy buttons in the ads for AutoPilot, battery upgrades, FSD. "OK kids, who clicked the shiny button to upgrade the car for $10,000?", or " son of a *#!, I was just trying to turn my lights on and just clicked on some buy button!" ;) And that's why I won't be populating that field in my profile.

I also have the "add credit card" button under the My Tesla account settings menu.

Not that I have any need for it at present. I've never been at a Supercharger Station long enough to finish charging (my S60 is really slow). I did get to 94% at Blanding UT once but my charge rate was down below 4kW and I figured that was enough to make it home — turned out that it was — so no point in waiting any longer. Also got to 96% at El Centro CA trying to make it over the Laguna Mountains to San Diego against a very strong headwind.

Last edited: