Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Add stop doesn't show options on map?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had my Model 3 since January, and one thing that has annoyed me is the add stop feature.

I search and it only shows me the list without zooming out the map and showing me where they are in relation to my current route.

Is there a way to do that? Because otherwise it's pretty useless to have to guess what's around you, and usually the list includes options totally out of the way.

I tried searching the forum and didn't find anything about it, so I'm wondering if I'm just missing a step.

I search and it only shows me the list without zooming out the map and showing me where they are in relation to my current route.
List of what? Supercharging stops? If not, what are you trying to add?

The way it works is that you locate whatever stop you want to add, tap the pin for that place, and then use the Add Stop button to add it to your route. How you locate the place depends on what you're looking for.

OK, let me clarfy.

If you're on Google or Apple maps, when you try to add a stop it shows a list and the pins on the map, this way you can visualy identify the ones that are closer to the current route.

On my Tesla, when I search a stop (whatever it is, but let's say I want a grocery store on the way to my destination) it gives me a list, but the map remains zoomed in on the current location, so I can't see where the search results are, unless I select one of them. Which means that it is a guessing game of what's closer to my current route.

And a lot of the results are very far from the route, which makes the feature a bit useless, unless you're extremely familiar with the region you're at or the place you're searching.

Does that make sense? I can upload pictures tomorrow when I'm in the car if it doesn't.