Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Add Stoplight Recognition and I'm Good.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want a self-driving car and the reason I bought the Tesla was because of their Autopilot and the fact that it could be upgraded over time.

I have EAP and use it 80% of the time I drive and am very pleased with it. I don't need really need NOA, I'm fine to take over to for merging, changing freeways, etc.

For me the only thing I really need to make it complete is the ability to recognize stoplights. I drive everyday on an expressway with traffic signals and use AP for most of it. Most of the time I try to find someone else to follow, but still find I have to takeover a couple of times during the 4 mile trip because of lights. So just that next step of adding stoplight detection is all I really need at this point.

I'm looking forward to the day we have level 4-5 autonomy. But could be very happy with the 2.5+ in the meantime.

I want a self-driving car and the reason I bought the Tesla was because of their Autopilot and the fact that it could be upgraded over time.

I have EAP and use it 80% of the time I drive and am very pleased with it. I don't need really need NOA, I'm fine to take over to for merging, changing freeways, etc.

For me the only thing I really need to make it complete is the ability to recognize stoplights. I drive everyday on an expressway with traffic signals and use AP for most of it. Most of the time I try to find someone else to follow, but still find I have to takeover a couple of times during the 4 mile trip because of lights. So just that next step of adding stoplight detection is all I really need at this point.

I'm looking forward to the day we have level 4-5 autonomy. But could be very happy with the 2.5+ in the meantime.

Stop light recognition is in the latest update, 2019.8. So we should get the ability to stop at red lights pretty soon.

Yes, but it means that stopping at red lights should be the next step.

For sure, but i want to make it super clear that it's not intended to stop the car because we all know someone isn't going to realize that and post a video showing how the car is "broken" (its happened before!).

Plus Elon mentioned that getting the last few % of edge cases worked out is tricky, so it may or may not be soon.

Reactions: diplomat33