Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Add subs + amp

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After measuring the lower area (basement)? In the trunk, I'm pretty sure this will fit just fine

Pioneer UD-SW250D

What do you guys think?

Or just lay the JL Audio one on its back? Seems about the same size actually...
will that sound ok vs directly behind rear seat? Trying to save space, right? I guess I could try it in the basement and always move it, if it sucks.

Don't think that will do any good firing down especially in that"basement" area it won't go into the cabin for you to feel it, but You never know until you try I guess. If ur ever in the nyc area I can let you listen to mine

You are correct that the audio going to the OEM sub box is "high level" however I planned to run it to a Hi --> low converter,or use an amp that has 'hi' in. Which, should satisfy the requirement to get audio to the sub... and it's already in the trunk vs wiring up to the dash... However it's also just one speaker wire set, so do I run a splitter then? just wire the OEM sub out from the dash to both inputs on the new amp (on the high input).

Ok, so don't ground to the battery... so then where are people grounding the wire?

I really think one *could*.

1. run 8 gauge wire (as JL says to use) from battery + to amp. Ground amp with - 8 gauge wire (where?)

Unplug OEM sub-woofer connector. Fashion a female connector (any ideas on how) or splice to then run the 2 wires to the HI level input on an amplifier - ideally w/auto turn ON

wire amp to new Sub.

open a refreshing beverage while stompin' in my air force ones...

OR.... what I did in my 2012 Wrangler, was remove OEM sub, find sub that fits volume requirements, then power the aftermarket sub, IN the oem box. (space is at at huge premium in the wrangler)...

what about this approach in the Tesla? There is already a subbox there... what if we just replace the sub and give it more GO power? That would be my ideal solution... no lost trunk space...

I meant the signal going to ur sub is not sufficient signal as they are already converted by the factory amp. U will need to catch them at the factory amp location under the dash.

You can just remove the sub existing but the factory amp is weak to power anything else. Will need a new external amp/sub matches with Rms.

Your question about the ground I would suggest you just watch the NVX install video on you tube it will show you exactly what to do and where to catch the wires as it seems like your kinda new/novice to the mobile electronics area. Glad to help but please watch the video and you will see everything