Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Add to favorites in Phone screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the Model Y and a Samsung Galaxy S21. I have allowed the contacts from my phone to show up on the Tesla when I bring up the call option.

I have not found a way to add certain phone numbers from my contacts to the favorites screen so that I can view and call than quickly rather than scrolling all my contacts. Maybe I have forgotten how to do that since a couple of them have shown up on the favorites and I had a Model 3 previously

Adding to favorites on the phone does not seem to bring them up as favorites on the Tesla screen

I have never managed to get this to work. I have a relatively recent Note 9. All the contacts sync and everything else works, but the favourites list stays stubbornly empty. None of my favourite contacts on the phone sync across.

Reactions: Kamban
Works fine for me. on my Android Samsung Galaxy S10. You have to mark each contact as a favorite on the phone, not in the car. On Android, you just tap the star on their contact, and then it will show up on the Favorites Tab under phone in the car.

The last update lets you customize which apps you want quick access to. I just wish they would let you put a shortcut to favorites on that same quick access row of apps.

I have the Model Y and a Samsung Galaxy S21. I have allowed the contacts from my phone to show up on the Tesla when I bring up the call option.

I have not found a way to add certain phone numbers from my contacts to the favorites screen so that I can view and call than quickly rather than scrolling all my contacts. Maybe I have forgotten how to do that since a couple of them have shown up on the favorites and I had a Model 3 previously

Adding to favorites on the phone does not seem to bring them up as favorites on the Tesla screen
That's a crock, as are many of the infomedia features. Inferior cars like the RAV4 make it easy to add local favorites, listen to XM radio with a subscription, and open garage doors without $300 purchases. Sigh.