Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Added a Hansshow Rear Climate Control & Heated Seat Screen To My 23 MYP (YT Video)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

JaeTheDev

Supporting Member
Jun 28, 2020
Westerly, RI
So, as the title says, I added the new Model 3/Y Rear Climate & Music Control Screen to my 2023 Model Y Performance and overall... pretty sweet mod, and super easy to do.

Take a peak at my 100% uber-professional YT vid below for a little install and review. Humble plug added for extra support coming.... LIKE SUB AND SHARE TOO! Ha!

What's your thoughts?

I like it, mainly for the heated seat option as it's easier for the rear passengers to control. TOo bad you can't lock out the other controls but I like the look.

Will likely order it this weekend.

Thanks for the review.

Very welcome!

Absolutely the best part about this product is making it easier for the rear passengers to get to the heated seats, in a way that feels more OEM'ish.

So, as the title says, I added the new Model 3/Y Rear Climate & Music Control Screen to my 2023 Model Y Performance and overall... pretty sweet mod, and super easy to do.

Take a peak at my 100% uber-professional YT vid below for a little install and review. Humble plug added for extra support coming.... LIKE SUB AND SHARE TOO! Ha!

What's your thoughts?

Wow. Now I want it. Looks really good

• Love
Reactions: JaeTheDev
Does the 2nd recent veraion of the big screen, the integrated 7", that plugs only in the rear bottom OBD solved also the issues of V1 8" preventing Tesla to upgrade its firmware because of it.

Does someone know if this one solved the issue ?

Has anyone who has installed one of these displays gotten any firmware updates?

The temperature and heated seat status do not change on the main Tesla screen UI if they are adjusted from the rear display.

It is messing with my OCD hard lol

Reactions: TwoK4drSi
So what happens if you have the Scan My Tesla device plugged into the ODB port?
You can piggyback multiple bridges, it’s no issue, just watch your power draw (for reference, I have a power trunk, seat massage module and this display all connected on that OBD port without issues)

I did an install video on this display, if you fast forward to the in car install portion, you can see I have multiple bridges installed, if a visual reference is better

@JaeTheDev causing me to spend money again. Your discount code no longer works?
HAHA! Sorry! HAHA!

My discount code, JaeTheDev still works perfectly. You have to put it in on this screen though. Attached is a pic for reference.

Screenshot_2023-01-08_at_4_05_06_PM.png

You can piggyback multiple bridges, it’s no issue, just watch your power draw (for reference, I have a power trunk, seat massage module and this display all connected on that OBD port without issues)

I did an install video on this display, if you fast forward to the in car install portion, you can see I have multiple bridges installed, if a visual reference is better

Not that it extremely bothers me, so dont shoot the messenger, but posting a similar vid in someone's thread is kind of like hijacking it in a way. Again, no harm on my end, but some really get pissed at this. Just a friendly FYI for the future. I subbed and liked! Return the favor? Thanks ahead!

That being said, totally correct. You can piggyback tons of connectors. Brian @ I1Tesla probably has 10 or so. HA!

Last edited:
Reactions: PauliePucks
Not that it extremely bothers me, so dont shoot the messenger, but posting a similar vid in someone's thread is kind of like hijacking it in a way. Again, no harm on my end, but some really get pissed at this. Just a friendly FYI for the future. I subbed and liked! Return the favor? Thanks ahead!

That being said, totally correct. You can piggyback tons of connectors. Brian @ I1Tesla probably has 10 or so. HA!
Sorry about that, was totally innocuous in nature, was only trying to visualize multiple devices connected at once. Won’t happen again, thanks for being a good sport about it, I truly appreciate that, and it’s one of the things that make this community so great.

Reactions: JaeTheDev
Sorry about that, was totally innocuous in nature, was only trying to visualize multiple devices connected at once. Won’t happen again, thanks for being a good sport about it, I truly appreciate that, and it’s one of the things that make this community so great.

Very welcome and totally agreed! this is what makes our community so awesome. Again, I’m not losing sleep but some absolutely lose there minds! Haha. I felt obligated to just warn as agai, some people get stupid nasty!

How are you liking the screen?

• Love
Reactions: PauliePucks