Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Added a Hansshow Rear Climate Control & Heated Seat Screen To My 23 MYP (YT Video)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What if you glue one side, let it set, and then glue the other? Would that help? It’s Chinese New Year so not sure how much support you’ll get over the next week or so.
The first side would work but after that it would mean a lot of tension needed and clamping force for the second side. Probably would risk cracking the screen. Hopefully, they just replace it or give me a refund.

Reactions: JaeTheDev
After I sent Hansshow an email a week ago, there was no response. They advertise the item as having a one year warranty and mine didn't even last 3 months. I thought maybe the delay was due to Chinese New Years and if so, who knows when they will be back and how long they will take to deal with any backlog. Since I paid through PayPal, I filed a dispute through their system. I guess my assumption about CNY may be wrong as they responded almost immediately. They suggested I glue it back together. I explained that it was not possible as it would mean putting significant torque on the screen. Furthermore, this is the 3rd issue I've had with this screen. Initially I received it with some sticky residue which I had to clean off and my unit appeared used as it also didn't have a screen protective film when I received it. The PayPal conversation went back and forth and they suggested that if I remove the dispute, they would send me a new replacement. I told them at this point I just wanted a refund. This is also due to the fact I am not alone in these screens coming apart so my confidence in the product quality is low.

In terms of customer service, I am not that impressed. They were quick to respond to my concerns only after escalating this issue with PayPal. As soon as the communication requested a refund, it was quiet. Will keep you all updated on what Hansshow decides to do. I really can't recommend this screen but the outcome of this will be a good indicator on whether Hansshow can be recommended to make purchases from.

Reactions: fseir
Yes, that Aliexpress one is identical and $60 less than what I paid. Only difference is it it the USB C version and no indicator that they have the correct data plug as somewhere between 2018 and now the connector is different. For the newer cars, the one in the link should work. Regardless of the source though, this is not a well built screen.

For the life of me I can’t get the vent piece off. The lower tabs won’t release.

How do the little black tabs at the bottom come out? Have tried with a pick to no avail.

image.jpg

Another question. How the hell did you guys get the bottom panel back on as the connector really sticks out and there doesn’t appear to be any space to push it flat?

24C9E225-8E5B-44A6-BAC9-021ECB898D95.jpeg

Seriously see no way of getting that bottom panel back on with this white connector sticking out like that and it is very firm.

A1614529-11BE-48C1-B49F-926F34799111.jpeg

Last edited:
Okay so getting that bottom panel back in was a bit of a you know what. But managed to force it on, hopefully no damage done to connector. Seems to work, looks great. Wish you could turn off the seat functionality from the display since I didn’t bother installing it. Guess it’s helpful as you mentioned if you’re an Uber driver but otherwise pretty useless. I mean, I guess if you’re getting it on in the back seat and want more room on that side, hey have at it.

• Funny
Reactions: JaeTheDev
Also in terms of firmware, would be nice just to have one temperature slider, or if there must be two, just "link" them so changes to one changes the other since there is not dual climate control back there.

Okay so getting that bottom panel back in was a bit of a you know what. But managed to force it on, hopefully no damage done to connector. Seems to work, looks great. Wish you could turn off the seat functionality from the display since I didn’t bother installing it. Guess it’s helpful as you mentioned if you’re an Uber driver but otherwise pretty useless. I mean, I guess if you’re getting it on in the back seat and want more room on that side, hey have at it.
Wait until you have 2 or 3 bridges in that space 🤣🤣🤣 that’s a good time!!!

I have this display, power frunk and seat massage module all connected there. Best advice I have is to pre-bend the bridges the direction you would once installed, before you connect anything. They are stiff and they will flex a little better if you do that before install.

There’s a knock out just below where the factory connection is. I try to stuff the cabling in there to close up everything.

Update on my warranty claim with Hansshow. After a lot of back and forth they have agreed to provide a refund BUT only if I ship back the broken item at my cost. Unfortunately the shipping back to China is very expensive and with the reliable couriers it's more expensive than the value of this screen so I would be at a net loss. For example, Fedex rates range from $252 to $314 USD. I have advised them of this and waiting to see if they will be willing to have me toss the item out into garbage as it has zero value and not worth them salvaging any parts.

I really like the simplicity of this screen and how oem it looks. After less than 3 months though, the display portion has popped out of the housing and there is no way to put it back in. I would have thought it was pressure fit with clips but it is glued in. The other issue is that the display and housing are not the same shape and gluing it back in requires bending the display which could eventually lead to a failure. Great idea - poor workmanship. The warranty is supposed to be 1 year so hopefully Hansshow honors it without hassle.
Didn’t hold your breath, They shipped me a broken screen and had a heck of a time getting a replacement.

Update on my warranty claim with Hansshow. After a lot of back and forth they have agreed to provide a refund BUT only if I ship back the broken item at my cost. Unfortunately the shipping back to China is very expensive and with the reliable couriers it's more expensive than the value of this screen so I would be at a net loss. For example, Fedex rates range from $252 to $314 USD. I have advised them of this and waiting to see if they will be willing to have me toss the item out into garbage as it has zero value and not worth them salvaging any parts.
Had a similar issue. Was able to get some compensation from them, but not full value. Was considering to use my CC company warranty protection. Hansshow has some great ideas, but product quality is a bit sketch.

@pbcsd, With these Canadian winters and turning on the rear heat fan the cycling temps probably caused the issue. I also discovered that the display itself is flat while the surface it is glued to has a bow so the display is always under tension. Depending on whether the small drop of glue they use on the left vs right side is weaker, that side could pop off. GTA temps are more extreme then Vancouver so I hope yours will last.

@Icehedgehog88, I'm not expecting miracles and it was a good lesson. I was aware of their crap customer service reputation but did not anticipate how poorly this screen would be held together and just assumed it wouldn't be problematic as it is a fairly simple item. I'm glad you got some compensation but really my view is that a customer shouldn't have to incur huge costs to remedy a defective item. My case with them is still open so let's see if they do anything at all. I'm surprised they don't realize that if they simply provided a refund to customers with defective items w/o huge cost to the customer, there would be return business.

Reactions: Icehedgehog88
This is all very disheartening. I was really looking at adding this to my New MYLR, as well as the power frunk but with the poor quality and lack of customer service...

Maybe if the price was really cheap on AliExpress I may risk it but...