Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Added PPF to lower doors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I applied PPF to the standard high risk areas when new (Hood, front bumper, front fenders, mirror caps, trunk luggage area, and rockers). While washing the car recently, I noticed that the lower part of my front doors were getting hit. I'm guessing the 20" sticky tires really kick up the debris. My car is MSM and the chips are a white-fish color and this was only going to get worse. I had the bottom of the doors (cheat line and below) covered to minimize further paint damage. Those of you that sprung for PPF with 20" wheels may want to inspect that area on your cars as it's easy to overlook or assume it's just dirt.

Straight on:
IMG_9646.JPG

Looking toward the rear:

IMG_9641.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: KenC
I applied PPF to the standard high risk areas when new (Hood, front bumper, front fenders, mirror caps, trunk luggage area, and rockers). While washing the car recently, I noticed that the lower part of my front doors were getting hit. I'm guessing the 20" sticky tires really kick up the debris. My car is MSM and the chips are a white-fish color and this was only going to get worse. I had the bottom of the doors (cheat line and below) covered to minimize further paint damage. Those of you that sprung for PPF with 20" wheels may want to inspect that area on your cars as it's easy to overlook or assume it's just dirt.

Straight on:
View attachment 401712

Looking toward the rear:

View attachment 401713

Same here. Did full front ppf and rockers(highly suggest as well) as soon as I took delivery. It wasn’t an issue over the winter. But since I put on my summer set with ps4s...especially since they have a more aggressive offset, I’ve been noticing that bottom section of front doors getting sand blasted. I just did a diy ppf to that area yesterday.
Anyone interested in doing ppf should add that to the list.

Reactions: NathanielHrnblwr