Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Added second Model 3 to family, 3SR stupid cheap.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MXWing

Oct 13, 2016
USA
3SR+/- for 35K is a crazy deal.

I think I sell this car for 25K in 2 years time making my effective net net cost at 250 per month. YMMV on your exact exposure to credits/rebates/deductions, etc but I believe people can land anywhere between 200-350 per month.

Far cheaper than a lease with option to drive or not drive as many miles as I wish.

I call it SR +/- because we have no idea what is going to be active and not be active once Tesla is done software deleting stuff.

Given it’s practically the same interior as my 90K Model 3 I expect a mobile tech to come yank out the Tesla tablet and make me bring my own device considering how stupid cheap this thing is.

See you in two years Model Y.

Last edited:
3SR+/- for 35K is a crazy deal.

I think I sell this car for 25K in 2 years time making my effective net net cost at 250 per month. YMMV on your exact exposure to credits/rebates/deductions, etc but I believe people can land anywhere between 200-350 per month.

Far cheaper than a lease with option to drive or not drive as many miles as I wish.

I call it SR +/- because we have no idea what is going to be active and not be active once Tesla is done software deleting stuff.

Given it’s practically the same interior as my 90K Model 3 I expect a mobile tech to come yank out the Tesla tablet and make me bring my own device considering how stupid cheap this thing is.

See you in two years Model Y.

90k?

No. 86.5K for me but close enough. Some would be damn near 90k if they paid premium paint.

Yet we have threads bitching about the MR, SR, and anything and everything under the sun.

B6C3F2A2-5158-4033-B4D4-DAB12ABA5349.jpeg

No. 86.5K for me but close enough. Some would be damn near 90k if they paid premium paint.

Yet we have threads bitching about the MR, SR, and anything and everything under the sun.

View attachment 398779

Haha, yes those threads are exhausting. The worst are the ones of people complaining they purchased a SR+ and annoyed about the SR model getting more stuff than initially advertised in their cars for free.

Absolutely a crazy good deal. Congrats! I'd do the same but already have an extra car at home and keep collecting Tesla's! I think many people in CA who have a household income under $300,000 and qualify for the $2500 rebate can get this car for a steal. And I think your 2 year Target price of $25,000 is totally reasonable if not on the conservative side if Tesla kills off the SR soon.

$35k - $3750 tax credit - $1000 Edison rebate - $2500 CA rebate = $27,750. Add in doc fee and taxes also but you get the point. With gas savings you are basically coming out ahead of any ICE car even if you plan to keep only for 2-3 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: MXWing
My only thing with the SR is that all I want to do is drive this thing and the SR would limit that. 90% of 220 is “only” 198. I drove 200 on day 1 with the thing just because. I know I wont do that forever but you definitely find any excuse to drive these things and 198 doesn’t do it for me. Now if you are not like me and will use it like you normally use other cars then I agree that SR is a crazy good deal.
Been saying it all along, that lease deal is anything but a deal. Your plan is wayyy better.

My only thing with the SR is that all I want to do is drive this thing and the SR would limit that. 90% of 220 is “only” 198. I drove 200 on day 1 with the thing just because. I know I wont do that forever but you definitely find any excuse to drive these things and 198 doesn’t do it for me. Now if you are not like me and will use it like you normally use other cars then I agree that SR is a crazy good deal.
Been saying it all along, that lease deal is anything but a deal. Your plan is wayyy better.
The SR can be charged to 100% all the time without damaging the battery. The battery is software limited to 220 miles.

• Helpful
Reactions: turtlesz