Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Added some more batteries, and disconnects :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

h2ofun

Aug 11, 2020
auburn, ca
V3 just finished adding 2 more batteries, so I now have 7. Still no grid charging working. And I now have more disconnects. So next step,
final from the inspector, then PGE.

battery1.jpg
battery2.jpg
battery3.jpg

Love to see a whole lot of batteries there!

Hope your inspection goes smooth, looks like those Eaton units should be labeled as well, its not clear to me what they do, but as long as you have a good clear placard that tells you what to do to shut it down if the house is on fire.

You are going to give @holeydonut a giant AC Disco-stiffy with these pictures, I love it!

Reactions: holeydonut
Love to see a whole lot of batteries there!

Hope your inspection goes smooth, looks like those Eaton units should be labeled as well, its not clear to me what they do, but as long as you have a good clear placard that tells you what to do to shut it down if the house is on fire.

You are going to give @holeydonut a giant AC Disco-stiffy with these pictures, I love it!
They still need to update to a new placard before inspection. Yep, will see what the inspection does. The inspector has been going to my house for 5
years, and I told him the other day I have more batteries, and he said nothing. So, will see. :)

V3 just finished adding 2 more batteries, so I now have 7. Still no grid charging working. And I now have more disconnects. So next step,
final from the inspector, then PGE.

View attachment 867532View attachment 867533View attachment 867534
Wow, must be nice to be rich!! I tried to get Sunrun to switch the IQ7 inverters for IQ7+s because I'm not getting the full power capabilities out of my system, (6.7Kw peak instead of 7.5Kw peak), and they said my contract limits me to 58% offset and if I wanted the upgrade I had to pay for them to do it. Approximately 7500 installed!!

Wow, must be nice to be rich!! I tried to get Sunrun to switch the IQ7 inverters for IQ7+s because I'm not getting the full power capabilities out of my system, (6.7Kw peak instead of 7.5Kw peak), and they said my contract limits me to 58% offset and if I wanted the upgrade I had to pay for them to do it. Approximately 7500 installed!!
Yes, I had to pay way too much for the batteries, since I had to stay with same company. But I get 30% back. :)

Reactions: ptdusn
If not a car, definitely a motorcycle.

The marshal over at SCC fire made sure to point that out to me as the reason the bollards needed to be no more than 4 feet apart, instead of 5 feet.
I'm laughing because the fire Marshall has dealt me other hypotheticals in the past, like having more than 10lbs of sugar on site being a fire hazard ("but what about the Holey Donuts shop down the street?" "That's a bakery. You aren't, so 10lbs of sugar is an explosion hazard.":rolleyes:

It seems to me that there is a tiny difference in momentum between a one ton pick up going 15mph into the back wall and a motorcycle tipping over... "just sayin' Fire Marshal, sir, just sayin'..."😆

I know that they are trying to keep us safe, and they are trying to do the right thing, but sometimes I do think that they lose sight of the big picture, or at least don't hear what they are saying.

All the best,

BG

• Funny
Reactions: Vines and yblaser
Yes, but you'd have to also add another 20A breaker as the IQ7+ allows only 13 panels while the IQ7 can handle 16, Really the same result, more or less.

Don't see why would have to add another breaker. I have a total of 27 panels going into the combiner, then going to the Gateway.
Unless Enphase has an upgraded wire like 10Ga to a 30A breaker, the 12 Ga that I know of to the 20A breaker is limited to 13 IQ7+ inverters per 20A breaker.
With your IQ7, 16 are allowed for each breaker, per Enphase specs.
You may have to give up one panel with a IQ7+ with 26 total.
But as always, I have been known to be wrong.