Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adding 80mph limit for profile, appears to force all profiles into "Chill mode"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Two profiles in my M3LR. One for me runs in regular mode mode with no speed limited mode.
I converted my wife's profile to Chill mode as she doesn't like the hard acceleration. She also wanted speed limited to 80.

When I change car to her profile and turned on speed limiter, it force my profile into Chill mode. Is there any way to not have this happen

My wife also has a profile in chill mode in both our model 3 performance (my primary vehicle) and our model Y performance (her primary vehicle) for the same reason. Shes not used to the acceleration potential of these cars. The only reason we got a performance Y is because it was only 5k difference, and I figured "I" might enjoy the difference for that relatively little amount of money in this class of car.

Anyway, my profile correctly loads, and so does hers in chill mode, but we did not try to apply any speed limit. Thats likely what is messing up OPs situation (the application of a speed limit). I second the suggestion by @3sr+buyer to use the speed warning, instead of speed limit.

That should solve the issue. If you "have" to have speed "limit" I am not sure what your next step should be, OP.

Speed limit mode is a car-wide setting. Chill mode is called out in the manual.

1674326615097.png