Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adding a credit card to your account

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My credit card on file expired and I'm trying to add a new one. The button in the car does not respond. My Tesla app does not have a place to add a credit card and the website doesn't seem to have one either. Can anyone help me
Bob

tesla.com > “hamburger” > more > sign in > account > manage payment method

I don’t think you can do this on the phone app or on the user interface in the car. It needs to be done on the Tesla web site.
You can add it from the cars touch screen, the dialogue will pop up after you try to supercharge with an expired card.

However when it happened to me there was a bug in the system. It would process the payment, but would not update your credit card details so every time you charge you have to put the card in again. ( 2020.20, it's possible they have fixed that problem since then)

So much better to update the credit card on tesla.com website, but you can do it from the car if you don't realize your card is expired until you're already plugged in.

My credit card on file expired and I'm trying to add a new one. The button in the car does not respond. My Tesla app does not have a place to add a credit card and the website doesn't seem to have one either. Can anyone help me
Bob
I could not find anything on the car's screen. However, if you log in, this worked for me:
"hamburger"...Support...Tesla Account (AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE, NOT IN THE MIDDLE)...Account...Payments/Manage Payments