Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adding a second system to existing NEM 2.0/EVA (PG&E)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone adding a second system while on EV-A?

I currently have a 3.2kW system with two Powerwalls. My EV-A plan is good thru 4/2024. I’m trying adding a second 5.2kW system before NEM 3.0 starts.

Since EV-A is no longer available, will I get to stay on EV-A, or will I be forced to switch to another rate plan?

Thanks

Well it's PG&E so who knows. Since you are on NEM2 already you missed the forced roll off of EV1 and are in the grandfather period. That clock of course is ticking for all of us.

I put in some extra solar in 2018 and that forced me to NEM2 and also allowed me to stay on EVA because of their little exemption for grandfathering my PTO. Since then I have added 2 PWs and another 5 kW of solar. None of that moved me off of EVA.

So best to contact PG&E solar and get it in writing how long you will stay on EVA.

Did you actually find a solar installer willing to land the new 5.2 kW system on your existing solar generation panel and re-configure/re-permit everything?

The new system will likely need more beefy conductors and breakers so it's not small feat unless you had been planning for this expansion since the beginning.