Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adding a user?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, so this seems more complicated than it needs to be, but I’m sure one of you here will know how to do this.

I would like to add my wife to my Model 3 with her own App. I assume this is what we need, I just want her to be able to use the phone as a key, and to recognise her settings, as it does for me. She is now using the RFID card and the App would be an improvement.

I have found an old forum post with instructions of what info I need to send to Customer Support. Doesn’t work. No reply from them after 11weeks!

The Tesla support website redirects you round in loops without answering the question.

I’m stumped.

Has anyone in the UK recently done this, and if so how?

Thanks for your help

OK, so this seems more complicated than it needs to be, but I’m sure one of you here will know how to do this.

I would like to add my wife to my Model 3 with her own App. I assume this is what we need, I just want her to be able to use the phone as a key, and to recognise her settings, as it does for me. She is now using the RFID card and the App would be an improvement.

I have found an old forum post with instructions of what info I need to send to Customer Support. Doesn’t work. No reply from them after 11weeks!

The Tesla support website redirects you round in loops without answering the question.

I’m stumped.

Has anyone in the UK recently done this, and if so how?

Thanks for your help
Download the app, give her your log in details and add user in the car. All done!

You want to different things. Use her phone and setup her bluetooth to access the car as a key.

Then like others said, use your login id and password on her phone's app to login.

And wait until people come back to work. I suspect like a few other things, there's been no body watching email accounts at Tesla.

Last edited:
You need to email the below email address to request another user account. When we picked up the car we were told it was fine for us to use the same login details. Following the issue with the frunk opening randomly while parked, tesla service suggested this could be the reason and the we shouldn't use the same login details. So I email the below with some details including the new email address and they emailed back about 4/5 days later with a link to setup the new accounts password. Pain free.

[email protected]

You need to email the below email address to request another user account. When we picked up the car we were told it was fine for us to use the same login details. Following the issue with the frunk opening randomly while parked, tesla service suggested this could be the reason and the we shouldn't use the same login details. So I email the below with some details including the new email address and they emailed back about 4/5 days later with a link to setup the new accounts password. Pain free.

[email protected]
You beauty!

That’s what I was told by the salesmen, it didn’t have an email address. I have sent the request now, and will let you know if the process has now changed,