Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adding a wall plug to Tesla Wall Charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recommend you post a picture of that outlet so we can help identify it before you do something dangerous. Dryers use 30A circuits, not 50A.
I have two engineering degrees and installed the wall charger and it's current direct-wired 60A circuit with no issues, so I think I can figure it out. Besides, a Tesla enthusiast forum would be the last place I would come for electrical circuit advice. :)

Just wondering if someone had tried using the crimped ends of the 50A cord (technically called a "50 Amp 4-Prong Range Power Cord") with the rings removed in the terminal block.

I have two engineering degrees and installed the wall charger and it's current direct-wired 60A circuit with no issues, so I think I can figure it out. Besides, a Tesla enthusiast forum would be the last place I would come for electrical circuit advice. :)

Just wondering if someone had tried using the crimped ends of the 50A cord (technically called a "50 Amp 4-Prong Range Power Cord") with the rings removed in the terminal block.
I believe if you want to be really technical about it, the "50 Amp 4-Prong Range Power Cord" should be called a NEMA 14-50P power cord with bare wire ends.