Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adding accent LED lights. Need HELP finding a power switch source.

glegaspi103

Jun 5, 2021
Hey guys has anyone installed LED accents lights or DRL lights to there Model X. I have installed everything to a Relay Auxiliary harness but when I try tapping the on/off switch to Headlights or foglights the LED lights stay on. Am I supposed to have a separate toggle switch? I really wanted the lights to turn on/off with either the fog lights or headlights.
Please see photos for example wiring I did.

Attachments

• 20210719_131646.jpg
    20210719_131646.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 28

Jeremy.j.hall

Jun 27, 2020
Uk
Hi,

I have led accent lighting in my M3 working from the footwell light feed via a small relay board (the footwell feed is too weedy to power the kit properly - blows the soft-fuse)

It works brilliantly. There is no reason you couldn't use the same board to take a signal from any 12v cable in the car if you want it switched on a different signal.
I tried just a relay on the footwell lights to switch the kit, but the lights dim when driving, and this dropped the relay each time it happened - cant commen on other lights in the car...

See Youtube videos linked to my channel

Youtube Video 1

J

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC