Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adding Aftermarket Subwoofer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have experience/suggestions on installing an aftermarket subwoofer and AMP to the model 3? I already have my sub and Amp, I'm trying to see where I would be able to install the sub and amp in the car at.

I tried doing many searches on Google and YouTube, but haven't found anything.

Have you tried adjusting the EQ settings to bump up the bass? In my opinion the stock sound system is fantastic and doesn’t require any additional components. I had a decent 12 inch sub and amp in the Mustang I had before I got my Model 3 and I think the stock sub in the Model 3 hits just as hard if not harder than the aftermarket setup I had before. But to each their own I suppose. I think the most obvious spot to install a second sub would be the sub trunk.

Have you tried adjusting the EQ settings to bump up the bass? In my opinion the stock sound system is fantastic and doesn’t require any additional components. I had a decent 12 inch sub and amp in the Mustang I had before I got my Model 3 and I think the stock sub in the Model 3 hits just as hard if not harder than the aftermarket setup I had before. But to each their own I suppose. I think the most obvious spot to install a second sub would be the sub trunk.

Yah I have an aftermarket sub and amp in my previous car and it hits a lot harder than the stock sub in my tesla model 3. I put the bass all the way up to 8 in the EQ and it's not to my liking.

When you say sub trunk, are you referring to the empty space in the trunk where you lift up the mat?

Yah I have an aftermarket sub and amp in my previous car and it hits a lot harder than the stock sub in my tesla model 3. I put the bass all the way up to 8 in the EQ and it's not to my liking.

When you say sub trunk, are you referring to the empty space in the trunk where you lift up the mat?
did you try turning the bass up to 11?

I'm having a problem with my mirrors. This is on topic; just hear me out. There's a terrible distortion / vibration in them when I'm driving. All three; the two outside mirrors and the inside rear view mirror. Makes it very difficult to see what's behind and alongside me. Doesn't seem to be speed related as they shake even when I'm sitting at a stop light. I would attribute the problem to the engine but since I've got a smooth electric motor, that can't be the source of the vibration (it would if I was still driving my wife's old 1981 V6 Camaro). The only correlation is see for reducing the amount of distortions in my mirrors is lowering the volume of the radio.

What's up with that???