Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adding and removing FOBs in a 2015 Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see instructions on the Tesla website on how to disable and add keys to the Model 3 and newer Model S, but in my 2015 Model S there does not appear to be a 'Controls' panel where one can add or remove FOB's. I have a bag that was stolen with the FOB in it and I'd like to fully disable the key to prevent its future use (and likely add a new one). Is there a way to do it either on the touchscreen or Mobile App? Thanks!

I have a 2015 with MCU2 and though I have an add new key function on the service menus, it would not do it.

Apparently has to be SC programmed, as you can read here neither I or the 2017 owner could do it:

LPT: I ordered on Ebay for $70 and got not one but two brand new MS keys. Tesla wanted $195 for one.

Upvote 0
I have a 2015 with MCU2 and though I have an add new key function on the service menus, it would not do it.

Apparently has to be SC programmed, as you can read here neither I or the 2017 owner could do it:

LPT: I ordered on Ebay for $70 and got not one but two brand new MS keys. Tesla wanted $195 for one.

Were the keys 1455940-00-A or 1455940-00-B? Did Tesla charge you around $85US to do each fob?

Upvote 0