Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adding card to secondary account for charging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trying to find answers for my wife, who is currently away from home driving the MYP for first time. We have never needed to supercharge as we just charge at home via wall connector. Our MYP was in for service, whole other story, and they didn’t charge it like they said they would before she left. I am stuck at home working so I am only getting limited info. I had her go into her Tesla app to add a card for charging when she got to the supercharger. Under “account” she doesn’t have a “charging” section like my app does to add a card. She has her own tesla app account I believe bc I added her as another user. Am my I missing something? I have a card on file in my account is it just going to use that when supercharging?

It'll just use the card on file in your account, I believe. I don't think Supercharging looks at who was the most recent driver of the car. Even if it does, you could have your wife exit/lock the car and then unlock it for her remotely, making the car think its you at the wheel.

Reactions: JayhawkCRNA
You can have multiple copies of the app and multiple drivers with their own profiles, but I believe there is only one account for the car. She should be able to pull in and charge with no problems. The funny thing is, I'm typing this while sitting at a Supercharger .....

Reactions: Big Earl
You can have multiple copies of the app and multiple drivers with their own profiles, but I believe there is only one account for the car. She should be able to pull in and charge with no problems. The funny thing is, I'm typing this while sitting at a Supercharger .....

Correct. Supercharging bills to the card on the primary Tesla account.

Reactions: JayhawkCRNA