Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adding FSD after delivery (does it show on online?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you have purchased the FSD package after delivery, does that option show up somewhere in your vehicle's online profile (tesla.com)?

When I click on Manage, then View Details. Under Options, I see Autopilot listed but FSD is not there, even though I can use the FSD features when I drive the car.

If you have purchased the FSD package after delivery, does that option show up somewhere in your vehicle's online profile (tesla.com)?

When I click on Manage, then View Details. Under Options, I see Autopilot listed but FSD is not there, even though I can use the FSD features when I drive the car.

It would be helpful if you could supply what car are you talking about (new, used, model S,X,3, when...)

Tesla was behind on the profile page so when owners bought FSD afterward, nothing was indicated on the profile page. I thought by now, it should have hired enough workers to work on the profile page to reflect FSD receipts.

If your car wasn't Enhanced Autopilot, when you paid for FSD, your car's Autopilot menu onscreen display should give you 2 sliders to turn on/off the additional features:

Navigation on Autopilot
Summon

If not, please call up the main phone line and see if they can remote add those to your car for you.

If your car has Enhanced Autopilot, then nothing changes because those 2 on/off sliders are included in your car without paying for FSD.

You'll have to wait until there will be a on/off sliders to do traffic lights, stop signs, automatic city driving later (Enhanced Autopilot won't have those.)

It would be helpful if you could supply what car are you talking about (new, used, model S,X,3, when...)

Tesla was behind on the profile page so when owners bought FSD afterward, nothing was indicated on the profile page. I thought by now, it should have hired enough workers to work on the profile page to reflect FSD receipts.

If your car wasn't Enhanced Autopilot, when you paid for FSD, your car's Autopilot menu onscreen display should give you 2 sliders to turn on/off the additional features:

Navigation on Autopilot
Summon

If not, please call up the main phone line and see if they can remote add those to your car for you.

If your car has Enhanced Autopilot, then nothing changes because those 2 on/off sliders are included in your car without paying for FSD.

You'll have to wait until there will be a on/off sliders to do traffic lights, stop signs, automatic city driving later (Enhanced Autopilot won't have those.)

It is a new 2019 model 3 with autopilot (no enhanced autopilot). I purchased FSD after delivery, but that addition did not show up "officially" on my car online profile page. So I was wondering if anyone else had similar observation.

Thanks for your input!

...addition did not show up "officially" on my car online profile page...

That what exactly happened to all post-deliveries during the March madness after 2/28/2019 price fluctuation craze.

There were no proof of receipt of money nor of additional feature anywhere on profile page and it is worse if you have Enhanced Autopilot, you wouldn't see any change in your car either.

However, Tesla has been trying to work on the profile page so you should be able to see FSD added on your page but don't ask me "when" because it's Tesla's time.

Since you just bought your Model 3, you should see the difference as you would now have AutoLane Change. Manually put on your signal light and the car would look for blind spots and change lane when it's safe! That is, of course, in addition to Navigation on Autopilot, Summon (including parallel and vertical Autopark).

As long as you got those additional functions in your car, I wouldn't worry about your profile page and I would remind Tesla next year to update it.

Congratulations!

Last edited:
I purchased FSD on 3/17/19 for my P3D+ that came with EAP. Nothing showed up on my Tesla account page at the time, it took a couple weeks, but now it shows "Full Self-Driving Capability" and even has an invoice linked.

That what exactly happened to all post-deliveries during the March madness after 2/28/2019 price fluctuation craze.

There were no proof of receipt of money nor of additional feature anywhere on profile page and it is worse if you have Enhanced Autopilot, you wouldn't see any change in your car either.

However, Tesla has been trying to work on the profile page so you should be able to see FSD added on your page but don't ask me "when" because it's Tesla's time.

Since you just bought your Model 3, you should see the difference as you would now have AutoLane Change. Manually put on your signal light and the car would look for blind spots and change lane when it's safe! That is, of course, in addition to Navigation on Autopilot, Summon (including parallel and vertical Autopark).

As long as you got those additional functions in your car, I wouldn't worry about your profile page and I would remind Tesla next year to update it.

Congratulations!

Good to know it is a common thing. Thanks!

I purchased FSD on 3/17/19 for my P3D+ that came with EAP. Nothing showed up on my Tesla account page at the time, it took a couple weeks, but now it shows "Full Self-Driving Capability" and even has an invoice linked.

Awesome! Hopefully I could see mine soon.

Example of what I see in MyTesla options page:

options1.png

I never received any kind of invoice or receipt for my payment.
When I had bought through the web site it had taken a few days for the feature(s) to become active in the car, and then many weeks before the options showed up in my web MyTesla details page.

I have seen screen caps from others that looked a bit different. I think maybe they were updating the web pages by hand and the way they list the options can differ.