TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Adding FSD before delivery

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by HappyHappy, Jan 29, 2017.

1. HappyHappy

HappyHappy Member

Just a quick question, I ordered my car with Enhanced Auto Pilot, but not full self driving. It's supposed to be delivered in April. If I add it now, will them charge me a $500 change fee? Thanks in advance.

2. Screwbal

Screwbal Member

If your order is already confirmed then yes. IMO if it was me I'd just wait and add it later. If you did it initially it would have saved you 1000$ for adding it but now only 500 after the 500 change fee. For a difference of 500 I'd let it play out and come to market whenever that is.

Elon and folks could have their software ready to roll out in 3-6 months however it could still take years of legislation before you can flip the switch.

• Like x 1
  3. TechVP

TechVP Active Poster

What is interesting to consider is that the Auto Insurance industry has been slow to weigh in. While I'm all for FSD, the insurance industry will be certain to have their say too... in the form of a rider policy (at minimum). Read: extra $$ for their pockets. Thoughts?

4. HappyHappy

HappyHappy Member

Thanks for the replies. I agree that I might as well just wait now. It just seems silly since this one is literally a software switch that needs to be flipped.

5. krouebi

krouebi Member

Hi,

I just did - and apparently I'm not going to be charged extra, at least my Store Manager did not indicate anything remotely like that.

It's not like changing hardware, like paint, upholstery, or wheels. Just checking a box should not cost extra.

6. Jrogville

Jrogville Member

Then policy may not be the same in different countries. And I wouldn't count on indications, I would want to see the modified spec sheet showing the added price without penalty. From what I read here, Tesla doesn't stand behind what their employees represent if they are wrong. Caveat emptor.