Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adding FSD before delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If your order is already confirmed then yes. IMO if it was me I'd just wait and add it later. If you did it initially it would have saved you 1000$ for adding it but now only 500 after the 500 change fee. For a difference of 500 I'd let it play out and come to market whenever that is.

Elon and folks could have their software ready to roll out in 3-6 months however it could still take years of legislation before you can flip the switch.

Reactions: 3s-a-charm
What is interesting to consider is that the Auto Insurance industry has been slow to weigh in. While I'm all for FSD, the insurance industry will be certain to have their say too... in the form of a rider policy (at minimum). Read: extra $$ for their pockets. Thoughts?

Hi,

I just did - and apparently I'm not going to be charged extra, at least my Store Manager did not indicate anything remotely like that.

It's not like changing hardware, like paint, upholstery, or wheels. Just checking a box should not cost extra.
Then policy may not be the same in different countries. And I wouldn't count on indications, I would want to see the modified spec sheet showing the added price without penalty. From what I read here, Tesla doesn't stand behind what their employees represent if they are wrong. Caveat emptor.