Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adding issue to ranger visit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

i have a ranger service scheduled for the 2nd October because there is a message on the screen of my Model 3 about an autopilot camera being unavailable.

Unfortunately since I scheduled that a message has started to appear about the charge port not opening when pressed. Indeed it seems like it doesn’t work, but does open from the app and touchscreen. The magnet appears to be in place, which seems to be a common cause of this issue.

I wanted to add this to my existing ranger visit, but I can’t see how to add an issue on the app. Is this something that is possible? If I don’t update the booking, how likely is it they will be ok with taking a look at when they come?

If you have experience with Tesla services, what would you do?

Many thanks,
Andrew

You can edit service requests in the app. However some options will trigger a re-evaluation of the visit type and/or date, such as if its no longer possible to do in a ranger visit or it extends the duration so that it needs a longer timeslot when the original cannot be extended.

Unfortunately it seems not to be possible to schedule more than one appointment, so if editing appointments, be aware of things chopping and changing, and only accept if the amendment is still acceptable. If its not, then you need to schedule a follow-up when first one is complete.

There may also be the chance that emailing virtualserviceuk@... can add things, but from personal experience, it starts to get messy as a second thread may start running in parallel.