Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adding items to a service appointment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Inevitably, on the rare occasion I need a service appointment, I think of additional items prior to my appointment day and add them in the app. However, on every single occasion, the service advisor is unaware of those additional items when I arrive. It’s been hit or miss getting them addressed if I tell the advisor at that time, sometimes they still forget.

Is there a secret to doing this successfully in the app? I’m not sure why they let you add items after an appointment is scheduled if Tesla ignores them.

After you add them, use the chat button in the app to let them know, make them aware of the extra stuff to look at so they can plan for it. They might say those will have to get done in a future visit, all depends on circumstances, timing, other cars they have to work on. etc. My past experience has been to communicate with them about this stuff, and they will try to accomodate if possible. Since they are not the easiest bunch to reach via a phone call, I find the app chat button the next best thing.