TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Adding light near the phone dock?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by tuoncan, Aug 6, 2018.

1. tuoncan

tuoncan Member

Does anyone think that there is not enough light near the phone dock? I've found that it's hard to look for my phone in the dark.

I'm thinking of installing a LED strip behind the screen near the blue line I've drawn. However, I wonder if anyone has tried opening the panel right below it yet. I plan to get power from the ambient light to power the LED strip.

1.jpg

The other option is to install the new light at the bottom of the lid that cover the phones. This option will likely be easier however it might blind the people sitting in the back seats.

3.jpg

Attached Files:

2. knarf

knarf Member

Check out i1Tesla's video. He's opened up the panel below the screen to adjust the screen tilt.

• Informative x 2