Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adding Parking Sensors 2014 Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, it can be done. A long time ago, I got the parts list to add parking sensors for my 2012 Model S. This is just the parts list and the prices may not be current (see attached). There is also labor involved. I had also gotten a quote from the service center to do this, which included labor. It was over $5000 total. There is also a thread here somewhere discussing this.

Attachments

• Parts list.pdf
    54.2 KB · Views: 225
Do the sensors really make a practical difference for folks enough to pay for a retro fit?

I have an early 2013 with no sensors and don't miss the sensors (I do miss autopilot).

I've had a variety of loaners with the parking sensors and found it more of a novelty than practical as it was ineffective with curbs and often false alarms when parking in my garage.

Vehicles with autopilot I get it. The sensors are integral to summon working. Without autopilot and summon I personally don't see the value of adding the parking sensors.

I just like it for when my kid uses the car its a added safety feature for her just incase. Seeing what my options are and if the price is still the same today
I think the price of the bumpers has gone down, since I got that price list several years ago. For some reason Tesla wants you to change the bumpers and nose cone out, even though you can actually drill your exists bumpers (there are guide markings in the old bumpers). You may be able to find an approved Tesla Body Shop that will just drill out the bumpers for you. A lot of the labor cost is repainting new bumpers. Make sure you get your Service Center to agree to reprogram the car for the sensors before doing any of the work.

If you haven't searched the forum for "Parking Sensor Retrofit", you should do that. Here is a link to one thread that goes into a lot of detail: Parking sensor retrofit - $6000 ??

who knows where the modlue is installed? i cant seem to find the location were it would be mounted / plugged into please any help
See the above linked thread (Parking sensor retrofit - $6000 ??) where there is more of a discussion. Basically the module is installed in the left part of the trunk, on the side above the wheel well. I've attached a (5 year old) parts list that Tesla put together that shows what is needed.

Attachments

• Parts list.pdf
    54.2 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Thanks I have the list and all the parts just removing my interior for the life of me I can’t see the plugs / Mount hoping maybe someone had a photo

See the above linked thread (Parking sensor retrofit - $6000 ??) where there is more of a discussion. Basically the module is installed in the left part of the trunk, on the side above the wheel well. I've attached a (5 year old) parts list that Tesla put together that shows what is needed.