Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adding referral code after reservation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my model Y without using my referral code ( I already own a M3). Tried calling the delivery person assigned to my reservation to see if they can add it manually, but no success. I gave up as it’s only 1000 miles of supercharging ( would have been 1k miles for each of my car as I was self referring ). Has anyone been able to add the referral code after reservation?

I ordered my model Y without using my referral code ( I already own a M3). Tried calling the delivery person assigned to my reservation to see if they can add it manually, but no success. I gave up as it’s only 1000 miles of supercharging ( would have been 1k miles for each of my car as I was self referring ). Has anyone been able to add the referral code after reservation?

I literally did the exact same thing. Just totally forgot to use my own referral code. No answer from the sales advisor yet but the weird thing is, I forgot when I ordered my M3 and they added it after.

they must have gotten strict about this. Sucks.

I asked last April 2019 after placing my Model 3 order with no referral. No way. Trust me I tried all avenues. E-mail, calls, chat, during deliver, after delivery...

Lesson learned. My Model Y order was done from the get go with referral order process. First 1500 kms of SC will not be on my dime this time.

I asked last April 2019 after placing my Model 3 order with no referral. No way. Trust me I tried all avenues. E-mail, calls, chat, during deliver, after delivery...

Lesson learned. My Model Y order was done from the get go with referral order process. First 1500 kms of SC will not be on my dime this time.

good for you. Just didn’t even cross my mind. It’s ok. 1,000 miles is like $40 or something.

The delivery lady told me that they have gotten very strict regarding adding referral code after the reservation. The only way to add it was to cancel the existing order ( and lose $100 deposits) and reorder with the referral code ... duh

Thinking out loud about it, you shouldn’t really have to use your own referral code to get the 1000 miles of free supercharging. It should get added automatically. I mean it’s nothing much compared to the grand scheme of things.

I called my local Delivery Center in Chesterfield Mo about an hour after I submitted my order (in my rush I forgot to use my friends referral link) and asked if they could add it, I was told sure no problem. Of course, we won't know for sure until I take delivery and it shows up in our LOOT boxes.

Fingers crossed we weren't screwed.