Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adding Second User to PowerWall

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We had two PowerWalls installed at our home this week. I can see and control the PowerWalls on my Tesla app, but my wife cannot see the PowerWall on her app. We can see both of our Tesla's on either app, though.

Any tips on how to get make the PowerWalls visible on her app?

Thanks in advance.

I had a similar issue. I called Tesla Energy, and informed them that I want the Powerwalls + Solar visible on both Tesla IDs, and I provided them both IDs. It took about a week, but they got it working.

For Vehicles, it's called VIN Sharing, but I don't know what it's called for the Tesla Energy side.

Reactions: jboy210
So I got mine fixed. Call energy support and don’t take no for an answer. The first time I called today they said it is impossible todo. I called this afternoon and explained that I know that there are users that have this ability. After a brief hold it was enabled in 15 mins. “I learned something new today.“ Said the representative on the phone…

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
So I got mine fixed. Call energy support and don’t take no for an answer. The first time I called today they said it is impossible todo. I called this afternoon and explained that I know that there are users that have this ability. After a brief hold it was enabled in 15 mins. “I learned something new today.’ Said the representative on the phone…
I Know I got this done for my system as well, sometime last year.

My wife and I were sharing my tesla account, but I wanted her to be able to create and use her own, both to access my model 3 AND to be able to see the powerwalls.

For the model 3, I ended up making a "how to" post in the model 3 section of how to go about doing it, currently. For the Powerwalls, once my wife had her own account, and could see my vehicle in it, I called tesla energy, and someone checked into it and found "something" they can do to enable this.

I dont know what that "something" was, but, like you, I remember the tier 1 phone support person being surprised.

Reactions: Bradleybourbon
I Know I got this done for my system as well, sometime last year.

My wife and I were sharing my tesla account, but I wanted her to be able to create and use her own, both to access my model 3 AND to be able to see the powerwalls.

For the model 3, I ended up making a "how to" post in the model 3 section of how to go about doing it, currently. For the Powerwalls, once my wife had her own account, and could see my vehicle in it, I called tesla energy, and someone checked into it and found "something" they can do to enable this.

I dont know what that "something" was, but, like you, I remember the tier 1 phone support person being surprised.
Map the account is the term she used I believe but don’t quote me on that.

My experience was far less satisfying. I started with the chat on the Energy Support page, and was given a phone number to call. Spoke with a very pleasant woman who, after some discussion and putting me on hold several times, understood my request. After putting me on hold several more times, presumably while she “researched” my request, elapsed time now probably 20 minutes, she came back and said she needed to pass me over to ”PowerWall Technical Support”. We waited on hold together for at least 10 minutes at which point she asked if I wouldn’t mind waiting by myself for them to answer. I waited another 20 minutes until finally someone came on the line. He made it clear that he had no idea what I was talking about, but was sure it couldn’t be done. I explained that Tesla had done what I was asking for several people on this forum but he wasn’t interested. His solution was to pass me back to the Energy Support people, at which point I couldn’t afford to waste any more time, and told him so. He wasn’t moved.

When I’m next in the mood to waste a bunch of time, perhaps I’ll try again.

Reactions: Keye
My experience was far less satisfying. I started with the chat on the Energy Support page, and was given a phone number to call. Spoke with a very pleasant woman who, after some discussion and putting me on hold several times, understood my request. After putting me on hold several more times, presumably while she “researched” my request, elapsed time now probably 20 minutes, she came back and said she needed to pass me over to ”PowerWall Technical Support”. We waited on hold together for at least 10 minutes at which point she asked if I wouldn’t mind waiting by myself for them to answer. I waited another 20 minutes until finally someone came on the line. He made it clear that he had no idea what I was talking about, but was sure it couldn’t be done. I explained that Tesla had done what I was asking for several people on this forum but he wasn’t interested. His solution was to pass me back to the Energy Support people, at which point I couldn’t afford to waste any more time, and told him so. He wasn’t moved.

When I’m next in the mood to waste a bunch of time, perhaps I’ll try again.
My Tesla mobile app now has the option to add/remove products in the account settings. There is an option to add a Powerwall. Have you tried that option?

My Tesla mobile app now has the option to add/remove products in the account settings. There is an option to add a Powerwall. Have you tried that option?
Just an FYI I tried adding the product to my wife's new account (got a model 3 so she had to get an account to be a driver), you jump through a bunch of hoops and it tells you that the Powerwall is already registered to someone else. Guess I still have to call Tesla to get her access to see the Powerwall.

I just had a very good experience doing this. Called up and asked for our Powerwall to be mapped to my wife's Tesla account. They needed my name and her email address. I was put on hold for about 2-3 mins and it was done.

Needed to log out and back into the Tesla app on my wife's phone and it was there. Easy.

What is the number to call?

Why not just have the other person login to the APP on their phone with your login name and password?
Because as a rule sharing login information is a bad habit to get into, from an IT security perspective. The tesla app logs out on its own sometime, so its not good enough to just tell them to hand you the phone and log in with your credentials yourself, then hand it back.

My wife and I have been married since we were 18 years old (and we are 55 now), and have pretty much everything you could possibly have tied together, tied together, but we still have separate login information (to the same shared bank accounts) etc.

We even have a physical document in our locked file cabinet with login information for these accounts for both of us, in case we need to access something as the other person for some reason, so its not a trust thing between the two of us.

Its just good practice not to share login info, just like its good practice not to use the same password on multiple services.

Because as a rule sharing login information is a bad habit to get into, from an IT security perspective. The tesla app logs out on its own sometime, so its not good enough to just tell them to hand you the phone and log in with your credentials yourself, then hand it back.

My wife and I have been married since we were 18 years old (and we are 55 now), and have pretty much everything you could possibly have tied together, tied together, but we still have separate login information (to the same shared bank accounts) etc.

We even have a physical document in our locked file cabinet with login information for these accounts for both of us, in case we need to access something as the other person for some reason, so its not a trust thing between the two of us.

Its just good practice not to share login info, just like its good practice not to use the same password on multiple services.
It's a family member. It's not that big of an issue to give the other your login info to your Tesla APP. That doesn't mean you have to share other APP logins.