Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Addition of feedback feature for autopilot?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i was curious what others thought about the idea of providing feedback to Tesla when autopilot acts in a way you are not comfortable with.

Here is and example:

You take an off ramp with autopilot enabled. The car takes the off ramp but maintains a speed faster than what you feel is safe. You disengage autopilot. Instrument cluster prompts a notification for 5-10 seconds "to provide feedback for disengagement, press and hold talk button". At that point the driver would say reason for disengaging and release the talk button.

Ideally the car would:
  1. Log GPS of incident as well as plot point path of vehicle
  2. Create video clip of 15 seconds before and after event. Alway submit front camera feed, and add any other camera that recorded an area with radar sensor reading.
  3. Compile autopilot code.
  4. Collect audio that driver
  5. Upload as a incident report to Tesla for review by autopilot engineer.
It seems like something like this would be very valuable to Tesla. Maybe they are currently doing all of the above besides the point that require driver interaction and that is good enough for now.

Can anyone think of anything else that might be helpful if they were to implement something like this?

As a owner would you feel that it was an annoyance to give feedback in this manor?

I couldn't begin to guess. But I would imagine all the compiling could be done by the onboard computer. After that maybe a low level employee looks at the video clip and the audio submitted by the driver. If it was considered an important issue to address then it would be pushed up to the next level. So each incident could take about 1 minute to evaluate at that level.