Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Additional door seal kit - recommendations?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After an additional seal kit which includes the frunk, trunk and all 4 doors and after looking on Amazon and eBay there are loads to choose from under £20!
So was just wondering if anyone has any good/bad experience with one to recommend/avoid?

Not after one for the roof yet as too scared the band might come out and smash the glass!

Thanks

After an additional seal kit which includes the frunk, trunk and all 4 doors and after looking on Amazon and eBay there are loads to choose from under £20!
So was just wondering if anyone has any good/bad experience with one to recommend/avoid?

Not after one for the roof yet as too scared the band might come out and smash the glass!

Thanks

I really don't have the first clue why such things would be necessary. If there's a problem with your car then surely Tesla need to fix it!

2 reasons:
  1. It will definitely help keep things clean
  2. It -may- help with noise. Lots of different opinions on this one.
If the opinions were a bit more conclusive I'd be looking too...
Definitely helps with keeping the door jams clean. I have the Basenor’s installed and did a dB meter test before and after. Don’t expect any reduction in noise levels. The benefits are clean door jams and a more luxury feel to the doors when you close them (less clunk).

No scientific evidence, but my experience is that they reduced noise levels in the cabin. Cheap and easy to fit, so the risk is low. Why not?

Incidentally, I'm curious about the comment on the roof seal. Have there been cases of it causing glass damage?

Which one was that? Would be useful to know so I can avoid please

It was called MICTUNING but beware, this was just the name of the seller.
There are lots of them out there who source the seals from who-knows-where, cut them up and package in bags.
The red removable tape on them was labeled 3M.

Maybe I installed them when temps were already to low, around 20 degrees Celsius.

2 reasons:
  1. It will definitely help keep things clean
  2. It -may- help with noise. Lots of different opinions on this one.
If the opinions were a bit more conclusive I'd be looking too...

My car has been getting very dirty/muddy (country roads) on the outside but fortunately I haven't seen any issues with much coming onto the jambs and sills inside the doors. I haven't done many motorway miles in filthy weather so maybe the higher speeds forces the mud in there? I've also been lucky in the noise department ... nothing that I could put down to wind noise from panel gaps. A bit of road noise, with that being more noticeable in the back than the the front but again nothing that I would reckon that would be improved with different seals.

I fitted the GOLOHO set today. I bought from Amazon. The kit is good quality. It’s very much guesswork where to stop the seal as the instructions are crap and it is fiddly but it’s an easy DIY. Haven’t driven it yet but the doors definitely sound more Mercedes rather than Nissan now.

I also have not had any problems with the rubber tubing for the roof glass and it seems it is firmly in place. My roof glass was installed off center and the rubber tubing helps fill in the gap and makes it less noticeable.

I purchased a door seal kit on Amazon and had to replace two of the seals. I purchased the individual rolls of Z and P seals for the replacements.

I can confirm that the GOLOHO set from Amazon really works! Car is much quieter below 50mph! Recommended for £20
I am very tempted by this but not in the least bit technically minded...... how easy is this to install on a scale of 1-10 please? To give you an idea of how bad I am, I am actually paying someone to fit my new AO Tesla word icon and centre console wrap!

I am very tempted by this but not in the least bit technically minded...... how easy is this to install on a scale of 1-10 please? To give you an idea of how bad I am, I am actually paying someone to fit my new AO Tesla word icon and centre console wrap!
It is pretty simple to do, just remember where the drainage holes are situated in the doors and don’t obstruct them.