Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Additional NC service centers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SigNC

Aug 23, 2017
NC
so I know there is one planned for Asheville. Has anybody heard about additional centers permitted or planned? Raleigh is always bursting at the seams in the parking lot so anything that could take load off there would be great. I assume Charlotte is similar.

Indeed Tesla has canceled the service center in Asheville. However, this interesting tid bit from the article is great news to me as a resident of SC:

1691678984987.png

As service centers are still not allowed in SC, maybe Tesla realizes they need to put something on the border. Perhaps they are looking at Flat Rock or something like that, which could service Asheville and Greenville as well as the mountains of NC.

That is what I am hoping. An hour or less trip to Flat Rock sounds wonderful.

Flat Rock would service Western NC (unless you’re closer to Knoxville) and Upstate SC. If they get one in High Point area like they’ve been trying to do, that services middle NC and relieves CLT also.

Edit: Another thought - they likely wouldn't have any issue getting employees to work at a Tesla service center around Flat Rock/SC Border. I think I-26 widening will likely be finished before any service center actually opens, assuming one does come to fruition.

Last edited:

Indeed Tesla has canceled the service center in Asheville. However, this interesting tid bit from the article is great news to me as a resident of SC:

View attachment 963736

As service centers are still not allowed in SC, maybe Tesla realizes they need to put something on the border. Perhaps they are looking at Flat Rock or something like that, which could service Asheville and Greenville as well as the mountains of NC.

Sounds like Wilmington to me. It would also cover Myrtle Beach to Jacksonville.