Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Additional Tax Credit - Scam?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

getakey

Jan 28, 2020
I've been getting calls that my phone thinks is spam. I answered a couple and they started off saying they want to make sure I got all of my solar tax credits. I hung up on them, but today got another one and decided to ask a few questions. They didn't really give me many details, but I did find out they are fee based not take % of additional credit. I finally hung up on them too. They must look at Google earth and find people that installed solar.

Are there "additional tax credits" beyond the Fed income tax credit?

On my iPhone, I turned on the feature that sends every call from an "unknown number" to voicemail, without ringing me. Most of them are people trying to sell me a vehicle warranty because "your vehicle warranty is expiring".

My personal policy is, I will not buy a single thing from someone who contacts me unsolicited and tries to sell me something.... well, except for girl scout cookies, door to door (I dont even like those cookies but feel sorry for the little girls having to go door to door to sell them so I buy a box).

To attempt to answer your question, I havent heard of anything, but one thing I know for SURE is, NO ONE cold calls anyone "just to help you out". Never.

Reactions: morph3ous
My personal policy is, I will not buy a single thing from someone who contacts me unsolicited and tries to sell me something.... well, except for girl scout cookies, door to door (I dont even like those cookies but feel sorry for the little girls having to go door to door to sell them so I buy a box).
evil-girl-scout.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: jjrandorin