Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Additional type 2 cable - good price?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That looks fine for dedicated single phase use, ie ~7kW 'home' charging on a domestic single phase supply, but if looking for a cable for the capability of faster charging (11kW) or not be compromised at many Euro mainland sites, a 3 phase cable will perform much better.
Unless he's taking his garage to Europe with him, I'd have thought the 7kw home cable would do?

Reactions: nrushforth
Unless he's taking his garage to Europe with him, I'd have thought the 7kw home cable would do?
It would as my clarification stated. But for others that come across the thread wanting a generic cable rather than for specific use, single phase cables will be a compromise in some situations. A single phase cable is not the same spec supplied by Tesla which are 3 phase cables.

Reactions: Adopado
Depending on exactly what you want you can sometimes get a bargain on eBay.. I got a genuine Mennekes blue one (as supplied by Tesla) for £50 when I got my M3 and use it all the time.

Hmm, wonder why some Teslas seem to have the Type 2 cable missing on delivery ... maybe the bargain cable was nicked from a SC :eek: ... definitely a bargain though!