Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Additional Vehicle Information in 2020.4.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MarcG

Oct 29, 2014
San Francisco
As part of 2020.4.1 that is being released en masse this week, there is a new "feature" called Additional Vehicle Information.
I'm not sure why that link is located under the Software section, instead of the Tesla T screen, but it has some interesting details:

Audio system type
Autopilot hardware rev
Cell IMEI #
Homelink version
Motor type

My info is below. A few questions from me:

What do non-premium audio systems show?
Does the HW3 show up as "3.0 Computer" or "FSD Computer" (or something else)?
Are there other versions of Homelink in Tesla vehicles? If so, I wonder how they're different.

IMG_2187.jpeg

CS was getting sick of the all the questions tying up their chat. Now they can just point you to the menu.
Especially with all the variants that happen over even a relatively short space of time of the same trim level. Having this page has to be very helpful to them. My delivery guys didn't know if my SR+ would have functional fog lights, and initially didn't know how to turn them on so thought not...maybe that should have been included too ;)

My range increased to 323 from 310 after the update
I have stealth

I asked elsewhere, but anyone receiving this update and seeing a change in range, can you also do this:

A: Can you also take a single picture of the Energy Consumption screen showing:
1) Rated miles/km remaining (number next to battery symbol)
2) Recent efficiency
3) Projected range

All numbers need to have three digits for accuracy...

B: Please post a picture showing your projected full range (from the app with slider at 100%). But please only post a picture of your SoC is above 80% (90% preferred), for accuracy.

C: indicate your vehicle type. Stealth or AWD or 3P+, etc.

Thanks...

I have a 2019 Stealth and can confirm the 2020.40.1 update did nothing to increase my displayed range. I updated to 2020.40.1 yesterday afternoon when I got home. This morning after an overnight charge with my Tesla HPWC (which is always set to charge to 80%), my vehicle displayed 244 miles of available range. As we all know, the displayed range does not always reflect/match the exact charge percentage that the user sets for his/her vehicle.

244 divided by the published max range of 310 miles = about 79%. This pretty much corresponds to the 80% that I have set for my vehicle. If my max range had increased with this update, then I should have seen something around 256 miles this morning for my range. So, this essentially means that my max range has not changed. It's still "only" around 310 miles.

Your results may vary....

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
There we go. Now the attachment works. Thanks! The question remains of whether this visible range increase affects 2019 models too, and whether it’s really real or just a “visual” update because of updated EPA methodology for the 2020.

The general expectation, based on historical precedent, is that even if there are efficiency updates applied (or already applied a while back) to 2018/2019 cars, the 2020 will be the only one that uses the different constant and shows a higher range, though all vehicles could have equal efficiency. We’ll probably never know whether the underlying efficiencies are actually the same unless Elon answers the specific question

• Informative
Reactions: go2realize
Sorry when people say they have a "Stealth" what does that mean?

There were some limited, unadvertised runs of vehicles built with the motors and software from the Performance model, but not the 20" wheels, larger brakes, or modified suspension. It was somewhat random when they would appear, but a Tesla rep would call folks with a LR AWD model on order, and offer them this "stealth" performance model for just a few $k more than what they had already ordered. Quite popular with those who knew about them.

It appears that they are now available (at a much increased price) on the Tesla website by ordering a Performance model without clicking the "Performance Upgrade" box. Same price with or without the "Performance Upgrade" checkbox, so no idea why anyone wouldn't click it?