Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Addressing the Challenges of Installing EV Charging Equipment in Multi-Unit Dwellings in Florida

Larry Chanin

President, Florida Tesla Enthusiasts
Aug 22, 2011
Sarasota, Florida
miami-1200 x 318.jpg

Addressing the Challenges of Installing EV Charging Equipment in Multi-Unit Dwellings

Larry

rdskill

Apr 18, 2019
South Florida

Hi Larry,

I live in one of the Century Villages in Broward County. As of last week it now has a single ChargePoint so they are on their way. This is a expensive way to charge a car on a daily basis.

I just need level-1 (v120 20A minimum) go plug my Tesla SR+ (250 mi range) into and I image a lot of EV's would do just as well with a Level-1 charger.

My question is if you know of a setup MUDs might be using that charges at the home rate (6 to 8 cents a KW) the unit owner of the EV pays rather that commercial or 3rd party rates?

Reactions: Seven7

GoCanes

Aug 1, 2015
Miami, Florida
We installed the EverCharge system at our Brickell condo about 3 years ago. If delivers 220v at 30 amps at a cost of $0.09/kWh, plus a $15/mo access fee. The HOA only had to pay to run the power line - the chargers themselves were provided by EverCharge, who also maintains the equipment.

• Informative
Reactions: Seven7

rdskill

Apr 18, 2019
South Florida
We installed the EverCharge system at our Brickell condo about 3 years ago. If delivers 220v at 30 amps at a cost of $0.09/kWh, plus a $15/mo access fee. The HOA only had to pay to run the power line - the chargers themselves were provided by EverCharge, who also maintains the equipment.

Thanks for the information. I was curious if you had any pictures of the end result. All our parking is outside so I am not sure how it compares.

Thanks.

rdskill

Apr 18, 2019
South Florida

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC