Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Addressing the Challenges of Installing EV Charging Equipment in Multi-Unit Dwellings in Florida

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Larry Chanin

President, Florida Tesla Enthusiasts
Aug 22, 2011
Sarasota, Florida
miami-1200 x 318.jpg

Addressing the Challenges of Installing EV Charging Equipment in Multi-Unit Dwellings

Larry

Hi Larry,

I live in one of the Century Villages in Broward County. As of last week it now has a single ChargePoint so they are on their way. This is a expensive way to charge a car on a daily basis.

I just need level-1 (v120 20A minimum) go plug my Tesla SR+ (250 mi range) into and I image a lot of EV's would do just as well with a Level-1 charger.

My question is if you know of a setup MUDs might be using that charges at the home rate (6 to 8 cents a KW) the unit owner of the EV pays rather that commercial or 3rd party rates?

Reactions: Seven7
We installed the EverCharge system at our Brickell condo about 3 years ago. If delivers 220v at 30 amps at a cost of $0.09/kWh, plus a $15/mo access fee. The HOA only had to pay to run the power line - the chargers themselves were provided by EverCharge, who also maintains the equipment.

• Informative
Reactions: Seven7
We installed the EverCharge system at our Brickell condo about 3 years ago. If delivers 220v at 30 amps at a cost of $0.09/kWh, plus a $15/mo access fee. The HOA only had to pay to run the power line - the chargers themselves were provided by EverCharge, who also maintains the equipment.

Thanks for the information. I was curious if you had any pictures of the end result. All our parking is outside so I am not sure how it compares.

Thanks.