Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Addressing the claims on social media of interior detailing as protection from COVID-19

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen a lot of claims on social media in regards to interior detailing protecting consumers from SARS-CoV-2 / COVID-19 / CORONAVIRUS and I'd like to frame expectations of car owners so they better understand an interior detail is not a "silver bullet" for protecting themselves.

In my personal experience, there are many medical professionals which own Tesla's. In all likelihood, there's absolutely nothing I can offer you in this video. But there are many people being told that an interior detail protects owners from the SARS-CoV-2 virus and COVID-19 disease facing the world right now. There is a measure of truth to that but as I completed my HAZMAT Tech certification (many years ago ...but still, some things remained with me) I have a solid respect of the threats cross contamination has and I want to stress how cleaning/"disinfecting" a vehicle's interior is only a part of protecting oneself and that vigilance is needed to keep that space free of the virus.

With that said, here's the video and feel free to watch here on TMC and utilize the linked references I quote in the copy I've listed below the video.

Interior detailing is not the "silver bullet" to protect yourself from Coronavirus / COVID-19 / SARS-CoV-2 and in this video I will explain exactly why that's a reality with the most current data available. Meat and potatoes of the video starts (I'm long winded) here: 7:04

References as noted:

·How to properly remove contaminated gloves:

·How and why you should properly wash your hands (you MUST watch this!!):

·Larry's excellent video explaining some things to consider when having your interior detailed in light of the coronavirus concerns:

·NIH news release showing longevity of coronavirus on different surfaces: New coronavirus stable for hours on surfaces

·CDC release regarding Diamond Princess cruise ship: Public Health Responses to COVID-19 Outbreaks on Cruise Ships...

·How long do cold and flu viruses stay contagious on public surfaces?: How long do cold and flu viruses stay contagious on public surfaces?

·Some have and will spread the virus without showing any symptoms: People with mild or no symptoms could be spreading COVID-19

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Tessaract
Thank you. This is a very informative and apropo set of videos for the current conditions, and anytime. It's really useful to see some solid recommendations and info to counter the deluge of nonsense (and denial) that's too often seen in some forums.

Indeed, there are many things on social media today that misinform or provoke negativity. Instead, there are beautiful things, posts that inspire you and give you motivation. It depends only on us in which direction we want to look and what sites we use during the day.
Personally, I mostly use Instagram because that's where I really like to post, to be appreciated, and to see that people like what I do. At first of course I didn't have a large audience and I had to look for how to buy Instagram likes but then along the way, my page was promoted and now I have a lot of people following me. I am happy that there are such platforms full of positives that can offer thousands of beautiful things.